Question about Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
1) Open the printer
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water to thoroughly clean the print head and each ink cartridge.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now
If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.
Posted on Jan 30, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
in your printer try to press on the restart button and hold it for about 8 to 10 seconds. by the way the ink cartridges that you installed are the genuine ink cartridges, if not then its gonna be normal that it won't detect as new.
Posted on Jul 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2014 | Unknown 10pk 4B,2C,2M,2Y Compatible LC61...
Apr 06, 2014 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 12, 2011 | Brother MFC-5440CN All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 11, 2011 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Feb 11, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 04, 2010 | Brother MFC-290C Printer
Apr 16, 2010 | Brother MFC-290C Printer
Dec 15, 2009 | Brother MFC-290C Printer
Nov 16, 2009 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Sep 27, 2009 | Battery Technology Office Equipment &...
214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!