Question about Computers & Internet
Do the following:
1. Disconnect the ac adapter.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Find the reset button and reset your laptop. It should be located on the bottom part of your computer and marked "reset". Take a tiny screwdriver, a thumbtack pin, a paper clip, or any similiar object and push on the reset pin.
4. Plug in your ac adapter (without the battery) and try it. If it works, go ahead and reinstall your battery and try it with the ac adapter on.
5. If it turns on with the ac adapter connected and the battery installed then you're good to go. If it doesn't then it's your battery.
6. If it does not turn on with your battery removed and the ac adapter connected then it's either the ac adapter or the dc jack.
7. You can test the ac adapter at your local pc shop or electronics store. You can purchase an ac adapter at one of these shops or order it online.
8. If it does not work with another ac adapter then it's more than likely your "dc jack" and that takes alot of work. The dc jack itself is relatively inexpensive ($6 to $30) depending on where you purchase it. The fun part comes in replacing it. You can do it yourself if you're good at soldering or you can get it done at your local pc shop or if you can take your laptop apart and put it back together then any local tv shop can do the soldering for you.
9. Have fun, Good luck, and let me know the outcome.
Posted on Oct 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2014 | Cub Cadet Street Sign- tractor lawn riding...
Dec 10, 2012 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Apr 03, 2012 | MSI S6000017US PC Notebook
May 09, 2011 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
May 27, 2010 | 1992 Oldsmobile 88
May 12, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5630 Notebook
Jan 22, 2009 | ASUS m6n Notebook
Mar 07, 2008 | Kenwood KDC-319 CD Player
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: