Question about Craftsman Garden
The previous solutions are very important to confirm first. If your pump is in good serviced order then look to a valve adjustment.
Posted on Oct 20, 2012
It sounds like could be one of the problems listed below or a combination of those things.
1) The exhaust is partially blocked. Check the screen covering exhaust port for carbon and dirt build-up. The high-speed exhaust air must pass freely.
2) Gas is not flowing freely to carburetor > under gas tank, find the rubber hose connected to carburetor. Pull off rubber hose and make sure gas flows freely. You can use this hose to drain gas tank of old gas, and then put in new gas.
3) Carburetor is partially gummed up and engine cuts off when gas flow slows down. Check small engine repair shop or auto parts store for gum out, and don't store engine with gasoline in the tank. Or put additive in gas when storing machine.
4) The choke is letting in too much gas or not enough gas. Try different adjustments. The choke-lever on our power washer got so bad that we could not set throttle at full open or the machine would die. We still use the machine at 2/3 throttle.
5) Dirty air filter that won't let engine breath enough air to keep up with combustion. Take off air filter and see if problem persists.
6) The spark coil is going bad?? Change spark plug to see if problem persists. Is spark plug wire pushed all the way on the spark plug?
Posted on Oct 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2015 | Heating & Cooling
Sep 29, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 27, 2011 | Kohler 12 kW Emergency Power System -...
Feb 22, 2010 | Kenmore 98702 Stacked Washer/Dryer
Aug 02, 2009 | Garden
Apr 10, 2009 | Kenmore 62602 Electric Dryer
Nov 02, 2007 | Nokia 6030 Cellular Phone
785 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: