Question about Dell Inspiron 1525 (dndppa1_3) Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 (1.83GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache) 120GB/3000MB PC Notebook
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
sounds like a complete motherboard failure with a lot of other problems.
if you remove the HDD ( turn the machine over. 2 screws on the right.slide drive out ) and mount it in an external caddy you should be able to use another machine to access the drive and probably get most data off it.
Posted on Aug 02, 2010
SOURCE: My son has a xps
Sounds like a simply corrupt OS issue, but I might be wrong.
1) Pull the battery, and unplug the laptop.
2) Pull the Hard Drive out and back up any personal data (you're going to restore the laptop to the factory settings, unless you already wiped the HPA partition -don't know what that is? It's probably still there, so continue on with the next steps)...Best solution for backing up data is plug the laptop hard drive into an external hard drive enclosure and then plug it into a 2nd machine with enough room for your personal data to copy off the hard drive).
3) Hold down the power button 30 seconds, then hold down the "ctrl" and "f10" another 30 seconds (this resets anything funky usually in the bios)
4) Plug in the battery and power.
5) TRY to boot the laptop and IMMEDIATELY begin tapping the "f11" screen. If you don't have a memory problem (bad RAM) then you SHOULD get a restore menu. Follow the guides, and restore the laptop to the original as-shipped (usually) setup. BE WARNED, if you didn't back up your personal data and programs, and you do NOT have any kind of custom image in the HPA or separate partition that existed BEFORE the factory image or custom image was made, this restore process will make your personal files impossible to recover (even forensic people would have a hard time getting them back)!!!!
so back up your data by pulling the HD out and then try the above.
an alternate solution is also to download to another computer a linux live CD, burn it and then boot the laptop (you can boot it from the CD while the HD is out and copying data to your backup). No problems booting from the Live CD? Great! It's an OS problem, and the restoring to factory settings from the Dell image should fix everything.
If you want to try the Live CD, check out Ubuntu 9 or 10 or CrunchBang Linux 9. Also DSL (Damn Small Linux) and Puppy linux can run froma CD (or USB stick).
Post results here.
Posted on Sep 04, 2010
SOURCE: cannot boot - goeas into
If you are running the Dell diagnostics and you get this particular message then the problem is with the Hard drive and it needs to be replaced.. Please call Dell at 18006249896 if you are in warranty so that they will provide free of cost.. Out of warranty.. Get a new hard disk from a local shop...
Posted on Sep 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Error 12501, Error 12502, Error 12503, Error 12504, Error 12505, Error 12506, Error 12507, Error 12508, Error, 12509, Error 12510, Error 12511, Error 12512, Error 12513, Error 12514, Error 12515
Error codes related to External Paper Input Module
Oce VarioPrint 110
Oce VarioPrint 120
Oce VarioPrint 135
Apr 28, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
on Aug 03, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 05, 2014 | Precor Exercise & Fitness
Dec 24, 2013 | Washing Machines
Aug 07, 2013 | Canon imageRUNNER 600 Printer
Aug 11, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio 450 Copier
Jul 25, 2010 | Canon iRC3100 Printer
Jul 06, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER 2200
Jun 26, 2010 | Canon iRC3100 Printer
Feb 21, 2010 | Canon ImageRUNNER 3570 Copier/Printer
Apr 03, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 (dndppa1_3) Intel Core...
584 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: