Question about Computers & Internet
Hello, and thanks for using FixYa.
There are many things that you should do that will help in getting the machine working better again.
Lets start off with uninstalling any unnessasery programs from the computer that you no longer use.
1. Press Start menu
2. press control panel
2.5 optional , click on classic view
3. find uninstall programs or add or remove programs
4. go over the whole list of programs and remove everything that you don't need anymore, if you need to confirm what a program is, you can ask me.
You may have to restart the computer a number of times while you do that.
Next is to run CCLEANER to clean up temporary files and such things that build up over time but have no use.
Instructions on how to use the ccleaner and where to get it are on this page, the program is completely free, do not pay for it, no need to pay for it, if something asks for money, you must be in the wrong place. http://www.fixya.com/support/r4332445-clean_up_computer_ccleaner
After you have ran ccleaner clean up and erased all registry errors that it finds, next would be to run disk defragmenter.
1. open my computer or computer from either start menu or desktop
2. right click on C: drive and select properties
3. on the properties page click on the TOOLS tab.
4. click on defragmenter. - defragment now
5. run the defragmenter on your c drive, this will take some time.
when you have gotten this far, the performance of the machine should already have improved.
Please let me know if you require further assistance or if you have any questions.
Posted on Oct 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
ESET will scan your computer this one time, and may take an hour or more. SAS and MWB will reside on your computer and can be run every couple weeks. Make sure you always run the updates before you scan with them.There are always a lot of things that can effect your Internet download speed.
- ESET Online Scanner (scans from the web, will take a while)
- SuperAntiSpyware (download and install)
- Malwarebytes (download and install)
Jun 02, 2013 | HP Compaq Black 15.6" Presario cq57-339wm...
on May 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 20, 2010 | Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook
Jan 05, 2010 | Watches
Jul 27, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 29, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Jul 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!