Question about Marshall Mg50dfx 50-Watt Combo Guitar Amplifier

1 Answer

I left my amp on allnight one night, now I have intermittent power. I put a multimeter on the switch and it reads good.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,137 Answers

A lot of the newer Marshalls have circuit boards with bad solder joints. If your amp is one of these and heated up enough sitting there that could be your problem. In any case I would recommend having it serviced. There are sources on the internet for the schematic but unless you have electronics troubleshooting experience and the proper tools you are better off taking it to be serviced. If it is still under warrantee it shouldn't cost you very much.

Posted on Oct 20, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to set up and check the digitech qm1548 multimeter and tell me how to check a 12volt truck battery


put the black wire in the black hole , the red wire in the red hole
turn the knob( press the buttons ) to volts ad/dc adjust range to high voltage ( put the decimal point 3 places to the right on the screen
connect the black wire to the negative pole of the battery
put the red wire to the positive pole of the battery and read the dial /screen
the reading on a good battery will be 12 volts to 13.5 volts
now have some one start the engine
check the voltage while cranking-- should be no less than 10.5 volts ( anything less indicates a faulty battery)
once the engine is running increase rpms to around 2500 rpms
battery voltage should now read 14.5-14.8 volts
if it stays at 12 volts , the alternator / regulator is not working
if the running engine voltage is at 11 volts , the battery is supplying power to the electronics
Of course if you do not know how to read a multimeter or know how to follow the user instructions for the meter, what I have detailed here will not mean much , so take the vehicle to an accredited auto electrician and have a proper diagnosis done

Aug 22, 2016 | The Music

1 Answer

Not reconizing input of guitar


Read your manual good and check settings. Look for master volume and pan outputs. Make sure it is connected properly to you amp. You have a left and right output, also check the amp/line switch. You can find your manual here http://line6.com/support/manuals/

Mar 03, 2013 | Line 6 Floor POD Plus Guitar Multi Effects...

1 Answer

Roland RD-700GX keyboard, humidity affects the pitch drastically. Is there possibly a seal that needs to be replaced?


Have you thought about installing a piano humidifier? Just an idea. Also do you have a wiring diagram for you keyboard? Usually there is one inside the unit. Check & see if the unit doesn't already have a humidifier which is defective. You would need a voltage meter or a continuity tester to check if it is good. If you need help reading the diagram post it & we can help you read it. Good luck. sl

Aug 15, 2012 | Music

1 Answer

Peavey XR8600D main outs simply stopped working. Unit is less than a year old but I am too far from any repair shop to make any use of the warranties (Samoa, South Pacific). I turned it on one night and...


These had a little switch on the far right side that shifted modes from stereo to main and monitor. Check the position as it is tiny push button. Also try sending line levels DIRECTELY into the power amp inpout jacks to verify the amps are both OK... if not, the repair shop is only option... there is only one main fuse for the amp and if one side is working, then the fuse is good.

Oct 29, 2011 | Peavey XR 8600D Class D Powered Mixer

1 Answer

My amp will turn on and even when I have the guitar and amp connected no sound comes from the amp. I don't know what to try to fix it, so I have left it alone, testing it every once in a while (it...


Possibly a loose connection, or bad solder connection. unplug it from power.

If you think you are up to it geta soldering iron and some solder, and a screwdriver, and take the amp part out. be careful of the speaker wires. put some tape on each one and label them so you know where to put them back. after you got it out you might have to take some more screws out to get the board off of the chasis, so you can see under it. this is where all the components are soldered to the board. maybe use a magnifying glass. touch up anything that looks questionable.
do all over. you don't need to know what everything does if you just go all over. careful not to cause any shorts. you might see something that obviously needs to be fixed. you have found a problem. you can't fix something if you don't find a problem. do all over anyway if you think you still have to.

Put it back well enough to test it. then put it all the way back together, or continue to look for a problem, or take it to someone, like me!


Good luck





PLEASE RATE THIS ANSWER

Aug 23, 2011 | Marshall MG15DFX 15 Watt Compact 2...

1 Answer

I have a Behringer EPX 2000 amp. The limit lights are lit up and the amp isn't powering up properly. There is a bad burnt smell to the amp and sub so i'm pretty sure something has blown. The limiter switch...


The limiter probably delayed the eventual damage. Nothing prevents all damage absolutely.

Generally speaking, an amp protects itself from heat, shorts, overloads and operator exuberance by refusing to turn on or stay on.

Overloads can be from excessive periods of high output or marginally low impedance loading by the speakers; and shorts would be wiring issues or a speaker blowing up.

You should be able to feel if it's hot. WHY is it overheating? Make sure it has sufficient ventilation on all sides and that vent holes are not blocked by dust balls. Ensure the fan (if equipped) is running as designed (some only operate on demand). Clean dust and debris from it.

If the amp comes back on after cooling, you're lucky. They only have so many self-protection cycles in their lives so continuously resetting or cycling their power without addressing the cause can do more harm than good.

If it protects immediately on a cool power up you should disconnect the speaker connections and try it 'naked'. If it comes up then diagnose which lead(s) are shorted. If it does not come up the problem is internal and should be left to an experienced and competent hands-on tech for forensics and further action.

Check for loose speaker connections at the speaker as a root cause for intermittent shutdown.

Apr 17, 2011 | Behringer EPX 2000 EUROPOWER

1 Answer

Hi i have a kam 1600watt amplifier and for some reason the clip light just came on and won't go off it's a strange one as the amp is a back up and i just turned it on one night and it came up like this...


Using a multimeter VERIFY the amp is not putting out a DC bias into your speakers. If it is it may cause damage to the speakers. I would not TOLERATE a bias in excess of 100 millivolts.

If you leave the input float... ESPECIALLY with no speaker loads attached, the amp may be internally feedbacking... DO NOT permit this to continue!... ALWAYS have your speaker loads SECURE and inputs attached, especially in tehse high pwer amps.

Feb 11, 2011 | Marshall Mg50dfx 50-Watt Combo Guitar...

1 Answer

Amp has no power Tried multiple cables but still nothing. Opened up the amp and everything seems ok. Any thoughts?


I will assume by"no power" you mean NOTHING is working, The likely cause is a failure in the power amp chip or the rectifier filter. Each of these would LIKELY blow the internal fuse. Using multimeter or a a voltmeter you can isolate the cause. You should find plus and minus voltage from the rectifier across the filter caps. probably at least 20 top 30 volts minimum.

If you mean the amp just doesn't generate enough noise, it likely is doing the best it can. This is a small amp and ypou can't expect to compete with 100 wat to 200 Watt amps. The speaker is too small to do that for one. This amp is good for practice.

Apr 09, 2010 | Line 6 Spider Iii 30

1 Answer

Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 - popped and died


This may sound stupid, but did you check the fuse?

Apr 22, 2009 | Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Guitar Combo...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Marshall Mg50dfx 50-Watt Combo Guitar Amplifier Logo

100 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Marshall Music Experts

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1210 Answers

Leonard Jeffrey

Level 1 Expert

6 Answers

rjivaro

Level 2 Expert

153 Answers

Are you a Marshall Music Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...