How to reset your Set Top Box to fix common problems FiOS TV Residential...
Resetting your Router and Set-Top Box can resolve a variety of issues such as:
- Missing Interactive Media Guide (IMG) or On Demand menu
- Unresponsive Set-Top Box
- DVR recording problems
If you are having any of these issues, you may need to reset your Router and Set-Top Box.
Will resetting my Set-Top Box erase the selections I have programmed into my remote?
No, all settings and selections you've entered such as device codes, favorite channels, and recent On Demand selections are saved and available after resetting your Set-Top Box.
Resetting your Router and Set-Top Box
Always reset your Router first and then check to see if that resolves the issue. Resetting your router may be all that is needed.
Important note about your router
To avoid problems with your FiOS TV service, make sure your router is plugged in and turned on at all times. Even if you are not currently using the Internet, your router still needs be turned on so that FiOS TV can function properly.
To manually reset your router:
- Unplug the power cord to your Router for 15 seconds and then plug it back into the electrical outlet.
- Wait 30 seconds and then check to see if this resolves the trouble. If you still have the problem, follow the steps below to reset your Set-Top Box.
To manually reset your Set-Top Box:
- Unplug the power cord to your Set-Top Box from the electrical outlet for 15 seconds and then plug it back in.
Note: Don't confuse the power cord that provides electricity to your Set-Top Box with the coaxial cable that is connected to the back of your Set-Top Box. Unplugging the coaxial cable will not reset your Set-Top Box. Since many issues can occur if your coaxial cable is not securely fastened, now would be a good time to check to ensure all connections are securely connected.
- Wait for the time to appear on the front of the Set-Top Box, then power it on.
- Wait several minutes while the Interactive Media Guide updates.
- Check to see if this resolves the trouble. If you still have the problem, your Set-Top Box may need to be re-initialized. Contact the Fiber Solutions Customer Support for further assistance.
I have to reset my Set-Top Box frequently, is this normal?
No, if you routinely have to reset your Set-Top Box more than three times a week, it is likely there is an issue with your Set-Top Box that needs to be resolved. Contact the Fiber Solutions Customer Support
for further assistance.
also you can call for tech support at Dial 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)