- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you encounter "Error Code 5B00" it means that the Printer Counter Protection is Full and it required a reset and Ink absorber replacement, if you want your printer to work again. There are two ways to reset the Canon MP printer, One is by using a Software tool and the other is manually resetting the EEPROM of the printer. Below is the step by step procedure on how to reset your Canon printer.
1. Using MPtool Software to reset Canon MP Printer Turn of printer then run mptool software this software automatically detect the printer. Click reset main and reset platen button in the waste ink counter section. If you want to reset the cartridge ink level, click reset black and reset color in the ink counter section.
2. Manual Reset of the printer Turn off the Printers. Press and Hold the button Resume/Cancel then press POWER button. Release the Resume/Cancel button while keeping POWER button on press. Press Resume/Cancel 2 times and then release all the buttons. When the indicator recorded GREEN - click Resume/Cancel 4 times! Turn off and On the Canon Pixma MP Printers. And your done.