Question about Bissell 89Q9 Bagless Cyclonic Vacuum
Either the drive belt broke or the brush froze up. In order to fix the belt you will have to take the brush off, so it would be a great time to clean it. Clear all debris as best you can from the brush. On each end there is a plastic piece that holds it in the vacuum. Spray some WD40 between the plastic piece and brush at both ends and turn by hand to be sure the plastic piece moves freely. Reassemble being sure the belt is put on properly. If you find this solution to be helpful, I would appreciate a Thumbs Up from you. Thank you, Paul
Posted on Oct 14, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you. I was hoping it was belt-less. Uh-oh. I just looked inside and the belt seems to be just fine, but brush will not rotate."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The brush roll will only spin when your handle is not in the locked upright position, once the handle goes upright - the brushroll de-activates
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2016 | Dyson DC40 Multi floor Upright Vacuum...
Feb 29, 2016 | Dyson DC25 All Floors Bagless Upright...
Apr 24, 2015 | Vacuums
CARPETS OR HARD FLOORS
• The brush bar will always default to 'ON' (spinning) each time you switch the
appliance 'ON' and recline it for cleaning.
• The brush bar will not rotate when the appliance is upright.
• To switch the brush bar 'OFF' (e.g. for delicate rugs and hard floors):
- switch the appliance 'ON'
- recline the appliance
- press the brush bar 'ON/OFF' button - the brush bar will stop spinning.
• The brush bar will automatically stop if it becomes obstructed. See 'Brush bar -
• Before vacuuming your flooring, rugs and carpets, check the manufacturer's
recommended cleaning instructions.
• Some carpets may fuzz if a rotating brush bar is used when vacuuming. If this
happens, we recommend vacuuming in 'hard floor' mode and consulting with
the flooring manufacturer.
• The brush bar on the appliance may damage some carpet types. If you are
unsure, turn 'OFF' the brush bar.
Dec 31, 2014 | Dyson Bagless Upright Vacuum DC41 Animal
Jan 29, 2014 | Dyson DC40 Multi-floor Vacuum DC40
Jan 05, 2013 | Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum
Jun 20, 2010 | Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright...
Dec 22, 2009 | Kenmore Progressive Bagless Upright with...
Jul 20, 2009 | Vacuums
442 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: