Question about Amana RFS12MPS Microwave Oven
You need a meter than has the ability to check capacitors. These meters are generally more expensive like 150 bucks and mostly sold for HVAC techs. You disconnect all wires to the cap and connect your test leads. The hum is usually the transformer getting ready to die. Just keep using it until so. The transformer will run you about 130 bucks I think.
Posted on Jul 18, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Whirlpool Microwave
I would suspect the high-voltage transformer in this case, but the capacitor may be failing.
The high voltage section uses and generates voltages that can be instantly lethal.
So I don't recommend that anyone work in this area unless he has either a lot of experience or at the minimum, a good understanding of the safety issues and procedures involved.
If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Also, there should also be a very helpful "mini-manual" hidden inside the unit behind the control panel. It's very helpful when troubleshooting.
You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Here are some links you or a friend can use for test help, but read the safety warnings first:
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
sounds to me like the magnatron has shorted out. i don't know of a way to test them unless you have some high dollar equipment. a continuity test prob wont tell you anything. what reading did you get on the cap when you tested it?
Posted on Jan 06, 2008
Most likely a shorted capacitor is causing the fuse to blow. Easy and cheap to fix.
Check with www.martinmicrowave.com or call toll free 1-877-894-0035 for parts info
Posted on Sep 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2015 | Amana Microwave Ovens
on Feb 04, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Apr 15, 2011 | General Electric Microwave Oven
Jan 16, 2011 | GE JVM3670 Microwave Oven
Jan 16, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Jan 04, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 22, 2009 | Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven
Sep 02, 2008 | Sharp R-1460 Microwave Oven
Jun 14, 2008 | GE JVM1630 Microwave Oven
Mar 25, 2008 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: