There is no blue light or anything. I cleaned the grid and dust removed the back grill. I turned it upside down three times. I replaced the bulb, but still the unit doesn't come on. What could be the solution?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Ionic Breeze filters air from the room into the front vents and releases ozone through the back vents back into the air. Some models you can put your hand near the back of the machine and feel a slight breeze. If you do not feel any air or the light that is on is red, the magnetic plates that capture the dust, etc. needs to be cleaned. Don't forget to turn the entire unit, after removing the magnetic plates, upside down to clear anything trapped near the bottom.
Sparking, popping, hissing or crackling sounds coming from your Ionic Breeze air cleaner are all signals that it's time to clean your machine. Once you've cleaned the collection grids inside the Quadra, the disruptive sounds will disappear
how to clean
Turn off and unplug your Ionic Breeze Quadra.Grasp the horizontal handle on top of the air cleaning grids--this is in the very center top of your Ionic Breeze Quadra--and pull the grids straight up out of the casingWipe the metal grids down, inside and out along the entire length, with a clean damp cloth. You may need to use more than one cloth if the grids are very dirty.Go back over the grids with a clean dry cloth to remove any water and remaining dirtPut the grids aside on a clean, dry surface and grasp the body of the main Ionic Breeze casing unit in both hands.Flip the casing unit upside down, then right side up, five or six times. You should hear a small bead sliding back and forth as you do this. The bead is cleaning interior elements concealed in the casing; if you don't hear it, your unit may be in need of repair.Place the casing unit back on its base, orient the grids so that the handle slopes in the same direction as the top of the air purifier, then carefully slide them back down into the machine.
I have been doing research on this unit. I read that only every other grill is suppose to collect. The remaining grills increase the electrostatic charge making the collection plates, the ones that get dirty more effective. So the bottom line is there is nothing wrong with your unit.
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
1. Unplug 2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws 3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws. 4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean) 5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You want to take off the screws from both sides but only remove one side.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Sharper Image was giving customers a small rebate for the product since it was proven to be ineffective for cleaning the air by Consumer Reports as well data by the EPA.
This has caused a mess for Sharper Image that they went into bankruptcy as a result of it. The Consumer Products Safety Commission is going to be making a decision on ionizers at the end of year since there are hazards in the air from using the devices. It could be that ionizers are no longer sold in the US next year.
The industry should have been regulated and unfortunately the government never did anything about it until Sharper Image and Consumer Reports went to court on it.
Turn the ionic breeze off, unplug it, and turn it upside down. The wires on the bottom of the unit collect dust. There are beads on the wires to scrape that dust off. Turn the unit upside down, and then right side up gently 7 or 8 times and the noise should go away. Yu may need to do this once or twice a week and after cleaning the blades.
Ionic breeze gp s1730
I had the same issue. There are two switches in this unit. One closes if the back cover is on, the other closes when the removeable grid is in. My problem was with the later. Mine had corroded wire ends where it is soldered to the small circuit board where the switch is attached to. It also had a bad switch that did not close the circuit and I suspect internal corrosion as well.
Unplug the unit and remove the grid.
Remove the 4 small phillps screws from the front grill, remove front grill.
Remove 2 selector whells from top, remove four screws.
I have a sharper image ionic breeze hybrid gp that ran fine for years unitl it recently started sparking / arcing at the base of the grid blades and always in the same spot. I cleaned it several times but the sparking always came back and the unit went into either "drying grid" or "attention required" mode. The solution I found was to stand the removable grid in 2 inches of Pine-Sol cleaner 50/50 diluted with water for 24 hours then brush again with the cleaning brush and hot water. Presto! No more sparking.