I would suggest that you follow the below stesp to install the ink tank ..
. Ensure that the printer is on, and then open the Top Cover.
The Print Head Holder moves to the center.
Note: If the Top Cover is left open for more than 10 minutes, the Print Head Holder moves to the right. Close and reopen the Top Cover to return the holder to the center.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray.
Put your fingers in the notches in either side of the Paper Output Tray and pull down to open it, and then pull down the Inner Cover forward to open it.
3. Remove the ink tank whose lamp is flashing fast or is off.
Push the tab and remove the ink tank.
Do not touch the print head lock lever; remove only the ink tank.
Caution: Handle ink tanks carefully to avoid staining clothing or the surrounding area. Discard empty ink tanks according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
Note: Be sure to replace ink tanks one by one when replacing more than one ink tank.
4. Prepare a replacement tank.
* Do not touch the electrical contacts on the ink tank. Doing so can cause the printer to malfunction or become unable to print.
Unpack the new ink tank and completely pull off the orange tape. Then, remove the film. Remove the orange protective cap from the bottom of the ink tank and discard it.
- Be sure to remove the clear film from the ink tank in the exact order shown in step 4, as failure to follow this step may cause the ink to leak and stain your clothes and hands.
- Do not squeeze the side of ink tanks as this may cause the ink to leak out and stain your clothes and hands.
- Do not re-attach the protective cap once you have removed it.
- Do not touch the open ink port once the protective cap is removed, as this may prevent the ink from being ejected properly.
- Ink on the removed protective cap may stain your clothes and hands.
- Ensure that all the orange tape has been peeled off along the perforation. If there remains a part of the orange tape, ink may not be output correctly.
5. Install the ink tank.
(1) Insert the ink tank into the Print Head.
(2) Press on the 'PUSH
' mark on the ink tank until the ink tank snaps firmly into place.
(3) Ensure that the ink tank lamp lights red.
: Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed in the order directed by the label. The printer cannot be used unless all the ink tanks are installed.
6. Close the Inner Cover.
Note: Ensure that the Inner Cover is closed. Printing will not occur if the Inner Cover is open.
7. Close the Top Cover.
The Print Head Holder moves to the right. The ink tank installation process is now complete.
- The ALARM lamp still flashes orange after the Top Cover is closed if an ink tank is not installed properly. Open the Top Cover and make sure that all the ink tanks are installed in the correct order directed on the label.
- To maintain optimal print quality, use an ink tank within six months of first use.
- Once an ink tank has been used, do not remove it from the printer and leave it out in the open. This will cause the ink tank to dry out and the printer may not operate properly when it is reinstalled.
- Color ink consumption may occur even when black-and-white or gray scale printing is specified.
Color ink is consumed in the head cleaning and deep cleaning, which are necessary to maintain the printer.
- When you start printing after replacing the ink tank, Print Head Cleaning is performed automatically. Do not perform any other operations until the Print Head Cleaning finishes. The POWER lamp flashes green during cleaning.
Don't forget to vote if this helps ... Cheers :)