Question about GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Water leaks into microwave oven

My partiallly disabled son lives in public housing.  On returning to his apartment after a short absence he discovered that water had entered his apartment when the tenant above him had let the zinc run over.  When my son was mopping up the water and picked up his unplugged microwave, he found that water ran out of it.  He has not plugged it in.  I told his to stand it on end with the door propped open and let a fan blow air in and around it.  Do you have any other suggestions before he attempts to turn it on.  Thanks. Charles E. Owens

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Genius:

    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,224 Answers

Ok really if someone dareing enough to open the panel for microwave the shell i mean take to the porch let sun heat it for at least 2 days then go threw lightly wipe down insides of micro with water clothe to get water residue out of micro then place shell back on and screw down
once water gets into micro. its hard to tell how there performance will be after wards and putting a fan directly on a fan to airout wont help this will create other little problems like mold build up

the best thing is what i suggested at top you need a heat source to cook and evaporate the water inside which is the sun

Posted on Jun 02, 2008

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hello I have a delonghi combi microwave and every time I switch it on at the mains it switches on for about a second and then trips the fuse in main fuse box


There is a short in the primary electrical circuit.
A microwave technician will need to open the housing to check.
The actual location of the fault can vary widely, ranging from water / moisture causing a short, wires burnt or touching, fan motor cooked, control board fault, a loose live connector floating, lamp holder fault, etc.

Jun 20, 2017 | DeLonghi Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Smeg microwave shorting


If it's the circuit breaker in your house or apartment that's blowing, then either you are overloading the circuit, or you have a bad breaker. Check to see what other devices might be plugged into that circuit, and move as many of them as possible to a different circuit.

Apr 23, 2016 | Smeg Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How can i replace the front door panel that has cracked at handle . it is whirlpool microwave over range


The parts are available from appliance parts houses. They do sell to the general public. I did one a few months ago. I think the outside door was around $30. It is not a difficult job. Just know that you have to take the entire door apart to do the job. 20-30 minutes.

Dec 10, 2014 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a LG Solar dom (Microwave oven). I have clean its inside 2 days ago as usual with some detergent and a wipe. Now the microwave is working . but as soon as I want to use the convenient oven it causes...


The oven has a heating resistance powering it. This heating resistance is fixed in the walls of the oven with some insulating bushes.
If, during the wash, some water has seeped in there because the bushes have aged and no longer sealing properly then the detergent in the water has acted like a short and the resulting flame has completely fried the bushing . This has now made the resistance to lose all the insulation and it's now shorting directly into the walls - such a big short is tripping even the greatest breaker in your house , the main one.
You should stop using the oven in this condition, the risks of electrocution are too high. Unplug the oven from the mains and call a repairman, he will have to completely dismantle the oven and replace the resistance and its insulating bushes - a long and expensive job.

May 31, 2011 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How to resolve the F6 E0 error code on the built-in Kitchenaid microwave oven? The unit was brand new and installed 2 and half years ago in my new house. One website mentions the description for this...


"F6" on a Whirlpool microwave means you have a shorted cook relay on your control board, which I can repair. Details here.

FixYa doesn't notify me when there's a response, so if you have other questions, please contact me directly.

- William E. Miller, AS-EET
pupista@gmail.com
http://www.microwavecontrol.com
Microwave Oven Control Panel Repair Nationwide
"Recycling by repairing since 1982"

May 26, 2017 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...

1 Answer

LCD not working on microwave


The is a prone problem accross the Sharp range where the LCD fails. They can be repaired but this can be quite costly.

Feb 17, 2010 | Sharp R-370E 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I returned from summer vacation and discovered that my microwave (model MW535OW) would count down the time I set, but the turntable would not turn, nor would the microwave heat anything. Thanks!


as its been static for a few weeks and cold. whats probably happened is 'food' has set and caused the centre turning motor to cease. try cleaning the motor by removing the turnplate etc and washing in hot water. then when dry add a little not much wd40 to the moving centre.

If this helped vote for me

AndystUK

Aug 31, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Makes a different humming sound than usual,does it leak radiation


Buy a detector to test your microwave to be sure it is not leaking radiation. The detectors range in price from ten dollars to about thirty five dollars and can be purchased in most hardware stores. If you discover that the microwave is leaking radiation, never try to repair this appliance yourself. Take the microwave to a professional for repair. All things considered though, the microwave oven is fairly inexpensive these days it may be a better idea to just purchase a new one.

Mar 25, 2009 | GE JVM1190 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Trying to remove built in Kenmore microwave 1994 #89755?


A family member removed it while I was away. Returned home a short time later & it was outside under the C/P. Thanks anyway.
A.J.M.

Dec 30, 2008 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

NIGHTLIGHT WON'T WORK BUT SURFACE LIGHT WILL


This is a problem with the control panel assembly, which we repair nationwide for $39.95. This is most often caused by the filaments shorting when the bulb blows, or by not disconnecting the microwave from the power line when removing or installing a bulb. Full information on our service is available at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

Aug 09, 2007 | GE JVM3660 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

131 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1179 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...