DCP-110c is showing machine error 46. I have followed instructions as per cene765 solution #1 withput success. I get as far as 'maintenance 80 display. Pressed 'mono start' many times but still displays...
Many thanks - I fixed the error 46 by following the helful solution provided below.
Rating: 86%, 8 votes
Here is the "Unable to Clean" (code 46) solution:
The machine counts all purge (cleaning) operations in order to prevent the internal ink absorber box from overflowing with purged ink. An “initial purge”, for example, advances the purge counter by 187 + 420 = 607. When the purge counter approaches 6400, an internal "Machine Error 46" is generated. Further purge operations are prohibited, and therefore the printer becomes unuseable.
When an internal Machine Error 46 is generated, the user will see an “Unable to Clean” external message and will be unable to use the printer. The “Unable to Clean” external message can relate to many different internal error codes however.
The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed.
If there is a Machine Error 46, it is necessary to dismantle the printer, replace the ink absorber box (or possibly break the ink absorber box open and clean its absorbent sponges under a tap), re-assemble the printer and reset the purge counter to zero.
Solution no. 1. (DCP-110C):
The proper reset code sequence to reset DCP printers without numeric keypad should be as follows:
1. press buttons Set, Menu, Mono Start one by one, followed by up arrow key four times.this should all be done as short a time as possible, around 3 seconds.
2. enter maintenance mode 80 by pressing the up/down arrow key and set key to select numbers 8 and 0
3. press up arrow key several times to get to the Purge item
4. enter 2, 7, 8 and 3 using arrow/set keys to reset the counter
5. press Stop/Exit key to go to root of maintenance mode
6. enter 9,9 to exit maintenance mode
Dec 11, 2009 |
Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer