Question about Acer Aspire 4315-2963 Notebook
DC Jack diagnosis:
1. Test power adapter for output voltage. Bend the power cable in various directions while doing this to be sure that there is no broken conductors in the cable.
2. If power adapter is Ok, connect it & see if the power LED on the laptop will glow when you jiggle the power connector in various directions. If yes, then the DC jack might be loose or damaged, & need to be either re-soldered or replaced.
3. If not, then disassemble the laptop. Remove any components that attach to the laptop's motherboard first (e.g. battery, hard drive, RAM, wireless card, optical drive, ... etc.)
4. Next, remove the keyboard & the LCD screen.
5. Finally, unscrew all screws that hold the upper cover & lower cover together so that you could gain access to the motherboard.
6. Inspect the solder points connecting the DC jack to the motherboard. Make sure that none of them is loose. If any, re-solder them.
7. Inspect the center pin in the DC jack. Make sure that it is not broken or loose. If it is, then you might need to replace the DC jack.
8. When you are done, re-assemble back the laptop.
Posted on Oct 13, 2010
Testimonial: "It was very helpful. Thanks a lot."
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jan 20, 2013 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jan 20, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Dec 30, 2012 | HP Compaq Presario M2010US Notebook
Aug 09, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jun 25, 2012 | ASUS G71G-A2 PC Notebook
Oct 20, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Dec 09, 2009 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Oct 15, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Feb 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 03, 2012 | Acer Aspire 4315-2963 Notebook
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: