Question about MPC Computers ClientPro 414 All-In-One PC Desktop
The battery is fairly easy to replace on a CP414, but you need to be careful to avoid breaking the battery socket.
You will need a small Philips-head screw driver (#1, I think) and a small flat-blade screwdriver (for prying). A pair of tweezers will help too.
1. On the back of the system, remove the cable door. It is held in by 1 screw and wraps around the back/bottom of the system.
2. The battery is half-way under the optical drive. The only way to easily remove it is to remove the optical drive.
3. Remove the optical drive. It is held in by 1 screw near the bottom of the system (not the screw in the bottom-right corner of the back of the system, but the one just above that). With the screw removed you can push on the back of the optical drive by reaching in through the cable door you removed in step 1.
4. The battery has a sticker on it that protects it from shorting against the optical drive. This sticker is important, so save it if you can. If you can't save it, use some electrical tape or similar to prevent a short.
5. Peel back the end of the sticker that is closest to the optical drive frame and gently pry back the metal clip that holds the CMOS battery down. It should pop out fairly easily.
When you re-insert a new CMOS battery, make sure you insert the end under the metal clip first and then push down. Also, make sure it is properly aligned or you will probably break the battery socket.
Replacing the battery is much easier if the motherboard is removed first, but removing the motherboard adds about an hour to the whole process. If you want to go down that route, let me know and I'll give you some help.
Posted on Oct 17, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2015 | MPC Computers ClientPro 414 All-In-One PC...
Apr 26, 2014 | MPC Computers ClientPro 414 All-In-One PC...
Dec 08, 2011 | MPC Computers ClientPro 414 All-In-One PC...
Dec 07, 2011 | MPC Computers ClientPro 414 All-In-One PC...
Oct 21, 2011 | MPC Computers ClientPro 414 All-In-One PC...
May 19, 2010 | MPC Computers ClientPro 414 All-In-One PC...
Sep 28, 2009 | MPC Computers ClientPro 414 All-In-One PC...
Aug 21, 2009 | MPC Computers ClientPro 414 All-In-One PC...
706 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: