We are having problems with our wii reading the mario kart disc. The thing that I dont understand is we are able to set up the game..ie. pick characters, pick race and so on but when it tries to load the race we get a messege that says the game disc could not read. refer to the wii operations manual for deatail. I did this and it really does not say much. We have had the game for about a month and have never had this problem. We are also able to play other games and have no problems. Please help!!
Thank You so much
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There have been a couple of flaws in how the Wii reads Gamecube games, so this could be for a couple of reasons.
1. Some games simply just cant be read on the Wii, but it is completely determined by the game...not the Wii. This is a flaw found in mostly Gamecube games and sometimes Wii games. I have heard of Super Smash Brothers Brawl not working on certain Wii's. In your case, with Mario Kart Double Dash, it could just be that the game simply cannot be read. If this is true, then there is nothing that can be done. (You can test this by putting the game in somebody else's Wii)
2. A more common problem is scratches or fingerprints. If this is the case, then get scratch removal at the store. If you don't want to, then toothpaste will sometimes work.
3. If all else fails...read the instructions booklet.
Some older Wii units also have trouble with Dual Layer Discs, which pack more info onto a disk like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime. If your Wii is having trouble reading a dual layer disc you can try Nintendo's Wii lens cleaning kit. the other resolution for this is to change the laser on the system but it will cost you for that. Try to clean the lens first it might read the new disk.
If you're referring to Mario Kart, it's a common issue. If this is with another program, it could be due to a large collection of dust inside the tray, or your disk is scratched and needs to be cleaned.
One of the major problems with the Wii not reading discs is related to Dual Layer Discs. Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Brothers Brawl are both dual layer, and are often not readable because of a dirty lens inside of your wii's disc drive. If you have had your Wii for less than a year, it is definitely covered by your warranty, and you should call Nintendo and set up a cleaning.
If you are not within your warranty, I'd call Nintendo anyways to see what they have to say. If they won't do it for you without charging, you could also look into a wii lens cleaning kit online. Make sure you get a good quality one with good customer reviews.
If Wii gives Disc Read Error, first step you need to check is totry another disc or clean the exisitng disc. This will confirm that problem is with either Wii or Disc. If the console itself is giving disc read error then it needs to be repaired. You may check out DIY Wii Fix Guide,that will show step by step information to fix the problem yourself. It also gives information on fixing many Wii Related Problems, so its a kind of Wii Problems Reference Fix Guide
If Wii gives Disc Read Error, first step you need to check is to try
another disc or clean the exisitng disc. This will confirm that problem
is with either Wii or Disc. If the console itself is giving disc read
error then it needs to be repaired. You may check out DIY Wii Fix Guide,
that will show step by step information to fix the problem yourself. It
also gives information on fixing many Wii Related Problems, so its a
kind of Wii Problems Reference Fix Guide