- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the great thing about the linksys brand is that they are owned by cisco and they will walk you thru the set up no matter when and where you bought that thing and they will spend all the time it takes to make you happy with the product. although the person you speak to will be in "new deli" india so they may need to repeat them selves many times.
have you tried access the router interface page with the computer hook directly to the router NOT wirelessly.???
I think I remember the linksys access page is at 10.10.10.100 in your internet explorer tool bar.
When you get cable internet, the cable company provides you with a modem (usually). From the cable modem you can hook up the Linksys router with an ethernet cable and it will work just fine. Hook the router up to the desktop or laptop with another ethernet cable if you need to make changes to the router security or whatever. The router address is generally 192.168.1.1. YOu can type that address right into the internet address and you router page shoud show up. If you have been using the Linksys router with the phone line all you need is to connect it to the cable modem to work. An ethernet cable is like a telephone line with a fatter connecter.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.