Question about Cell Phones
Hi,Anyway, with regards to your issue, error 523 reset means a "System
process died" You'll need I would reload the entire hand held OS again.
1. Install the software from the CD (that you received with the device), or download it from the service provider (AT&T).
2. Delete or rename the vendor.xml file, here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (you're windows file options needs to be set to 'show system files', to see said file...
3. Open Desktop Manager (DM)...
4. Connect the Red Pearl (since am sure that's what you have!)...
5. Doing this will force the pc to see the Black Berry as new hardware, and thus force it to reload the Operating System (OS)...
6. During the process, select YES to do a backup...
7. The whole process should take about 30-45 minutes...
But, since this has happened so many times, I have to ask myself, is it something you're doing that it causing this? I know the Red Pearls from AT&T have had issues from DAY ONE!
Also you are having is with the phones firmware you will need to take this phone into a phone shop and have the phone flashed and the firmware re-installed, the problem with this is you can only have it done at a phone shop as they need to install all the software back on the phone and the other problem is that this will wipe the phone so you will lose anything on it. you can back it up if you have the leads to your computer and the correct pc suite for your make of phone if you don't have this just ask the phone shop to back it up for you. their is no other way of doing this as you cant get the firmware and re-install it yourself the phone shop will charge you for doing this but it will be cheaper if you go to one of those independent shops instead of one of thos bigger branded ones. let me know how you get on or if you need further assistance ok plz rate this solution as i have a whole page of unrated posts, thanks `2
Posted on Oct 13, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2012 | RIM OEM Speck Blackberry Tour 9630 See...
May 20, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone
Apr 12, 2011 | Blackberry Curve 8350i
Jun 28, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
Jun 01, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
Mar 01, 2010 | Cell Phones
Dec 14, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
Jul 12, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Jun 29, 2009 | RIM Blackberry 8310 8320 8330 Curve 8100...
Feb 28, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry 7100G Smartphone
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!