a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
And you can't just pull the door open? I know it's easier to push the open door button but both ways should work unless the safety switch bracket moved from it's intended position. I hesitate to offer this solution, but who wants decayed food smelling up the home? Let's assume it's a counter top oven, remove all cover screws and the cover. STAY AWAY FROM ALL WIRING and I should have said first unplug the power from the appliance. Locate the door latch area and lift up on the plastic/metal bar that has a spring attached to it and the door should be released. Pushing the door release button should lead you to the latch. Once you see how it works you may find the reason the latch is malfunctioning. If it's a over the range type you will have to remove a grill at the top of the oven to access the mounting screws that release the oven from the bracket but the latch reference above will apply to this type as well.
The metal mesh is a filter screen to keep the microwaves in the oven while letting you see the food. The plastic sheet that's peeling off is meant to keep that screen clean. It's not supposed to be removed, since then food can get into the holes in the screen. A buildup of foods can lead to overheating and burn the paint and possibly damage the door. It should be replaced.
The part number is WB36X10068. A Google search turned up several sources. Here's one, but there are others. The new sheet has the adhesive applied, you just peel off the protective film and stick it in place. Clean the door inner surface first so the new sheet will stick firmly.
Good luck with the repair, and thanks for using Fixya!
I have a Kenmore with similar issues.
Anyway, good luck with this. Hope someone has an answer for you (and me).
Mine has a open slot on the top front of the door. Kinda like a double plate window execpt for the opening in front. Why is this there? I don't know. Weird design. But it leaves for the possibilty of liquid to splash in there leaving it hard to clean (like impossible).
I'm thinking I have to completely remove and disect the door.
That clear cover (sometimes called the inner door screen) is very important.
It protects the metal mesh / screen from debris and corrosion. The metal screen allows you to see "what's cooking" (*grin*) but prevents microwaves from leaking out of the door due to the precise size of the openings in the mesh.
If the mesh rusts or gets grease or food on it, it can arc, and this can damage the screen, then microwaves can leak, causing a burn or fire hazard. (No "radiation" threat, though)
If no arcing or other damage has occurred yet, you can clean the area squeaky with alcohol, then dry it completely and use the smallest possible amount of clear Scotch tape or packing tape to cover the tear and make sure it's flat.
If this fix doesn't work, or it's too big an area, you will have to replace the sheet, which can be ordered.
You'd have to heat it up with a hair dryer, peel it off slowly, then clean the area with something like acetone, then peel and stick the new one.
If you need to or prefer to order it, I would need your brand and model number to help you further.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
OK, I'm no handy man and I just figured out how to do this. Open the door and remove the black plastic cover surrounding the inside glass. I used a regular flat head screw driver to pop this out.
Now I removed the 3 screws holding the inner panel against the glass on the front door. After removing the screws, the inner panel is held in place by a series of plastic clips. Go around the perimeter and pop the plastic clips out so the inner panel including the mesh comes out of the door.
Now you have complete access to clean the inside of the glass door!
I found it easier to do this operation with the door completely off the microwave, but you should be able to do this with the door in place too.