Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the membrane gets dirt under them and shorts out the keypad,you may as well just replace the control board which includes the display and keypad on the same board
Posted on Jul 26, 2010
The GE problem is with the magnetron being to close to the computer. If your microwave runs for a few seconds to minutes then resets with funny characters on the screen, you can follow these simple instructions to fix it.
* Phillips screwdriver
* Large ziplock baggie
* 1 Unscrew the 2 screws in the top vent grill and remove it.
* 2 Unscrew the 1 screw above the computer keypad, then slide it up to unlock it and it will hinge down, revealing the computer circuit board behind the keypad.
* 3 Put a sheet of foil into the large ziplock bag and seal it up.
* 4 Then tape it to cover the whole circuit board in the back of the computer. You may have to let the wires stick out of the middle of your foil covering. The ziplock is to keep the metal foil from short circuiting anything on the computer, and the foil protects the circuit board from the small amount of leaking microwaves inside.
* 5 Lock the keypad back up and plugin the microwave to test it before screwing everything back together.
the way to keep it from happening again is to use the microwave with more caution.
Willing to help to help on other problems.
Posted on Oct 01, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2014 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Nov 15, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 30, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Aug 16, 2011 | Samsung Microwave Ovens
May 12, 2011 | General Electric Microwave Oven
Mar 16, 2011 | Maytag MMV1163DB Microwave Oven
Sep 08, 2009 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Nov 20, 2007 | Microwave Ovens
1,270 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: