Question about Computers & Internet
Adding a program exception
* When you add a program to the exception list, you enable the firewall to open ranges of ports that could change every time the program is run. To add a program exception, follow these steps:
* Use an administrator account to log on.
* Click Start, click Run, type wscui.cpl, and then click OK.
* In Windows Security Center, click Windows Firewall.
* On the Exceptions tab, click Add Program.
* In the list of programs, click the name of the program that you want to add, and then click OK. If the name of your program is not in the list of programs, click Browse to locate the program, and then click OK. Note If you do not know where the program is located, contact the program vendor to determine the program location.
For information about your hardware manufacturer, visit the following Web site:
* Click OK.
* Test the program to verify that the firewall settings are correct.
PFL for your reference http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2012 | Storm8 World War™
Jan 08, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Sep 19, 2011 | JoWood Productions World War 3: Black Gold
Sep 23, 2010 | Singer CE-100 Futura Computerized Sewing...
Apr 05, 2010 | CDV Software War Front: Turning Point for...
Dec 05, 2009 | Symantec Norton Internet Security 2008:...
Nov 10, 2009 | EA - Electronic Arts Downloadable Ultima...
Apr 14, 2009 | Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft...
Nov 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!