Question about Tomtom GO 910
There is no real manual for this, I have done it before though and have typed out the directions here for you, plus a link for the new battery if you need it:
Please make sure you rate my answer 4 thumbs up, it is extremely important to me. I would be forever grateful if you could do so. If you need more help on this question please just respond to my answer here and I will get right back to you.
1) Remove 4 screws under ends of rubber strips on back. (All screws are Torx number 6)
2) Remove back cover. Front frame around screen comes off easier now.
3) Remove 2 screws in round top circuit board. Remove 4 screws from lower circuit board. These two boards may have a glue connection. Do not worry if it separates
4) Lay back circuit boards to unplug battery. Note flat ribbon cables are fragile. The 3 wire plug is the battery. Unplug wires to battery from receptacle on circuit board.
5) Remove front screen by pressing a screwdriver against the small metal tags that follow the edge of the screen. The tabs need to be pushed in slightly to allow you to lift the screen out. It may need some leverage, but be careful not to put the screwdriver to far behind the screen as there are a couple of thin cables for the connections.
6) To remove the hard drive you may need to unscrew the vertical black tags about 2 cm long. These simply come away and are grasping the business card size silver box IE the hard drive. The rubber end caps are pressed in, pry out with small screw driver.
7) Remove battery and replace. Note the two sided sticky tape around battery. When putting more tape on, be careful you do not put to much around the right hand end as it will connect with the thin cable when you put it all back together.
9) Reverse assembly. Mine works fine now, good luck. (and so does mine! BLP)
Footnotes: I did not have a Torx #6 screwdriver nor could I buy one locally. I found a #7 mini star bit works just fine. Source: Harbor Freight item # 93316, 6 piece Mini Star Bit Set - $3 PMVN - 9/19/2009
I am not advertising but Batteryship.com included with the battery #5 & #6 torx screwdrivers, a very small philips (star), a straight screwdriver and a plastic pry tool. Whatever I paid more than another place it was worth it.
When disassembling do not remove the battery clip. Just pop out the battery from the front (experienced having to reassemble that whole thing). Also having a set of tweezers to put the electrical connections back together helped a bunch.
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2010 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
Jul 12, 2010 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
Nov 24, 2009 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
Oct 07, 2009 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
Sep 05, 2009 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
Jul 04, 2009 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
Jun 12, 2009 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
375 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: