Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This error indicates that the Image Drum Up/Down Process is not working properly.
The errors are as follows:
140 - Yellow Drum Up/Down error
141 - Magenta Drum Up/Down error
142 - Cyan Drum Up/Down error
1. Reseat the Image Drums. Ensure they are in seating properly into the drum carriage.
2. Reseat the Toner Cartridges. Ensure they are seating properly into the Image Drums.
3. Reseat the Contact Sensor Spring assembly and inspect it for damage or mis-alignment. If the springs appear bent or dis-lodged reseat them.
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
SOURCE: OKi C5800ldn 231: fatal error 03
I have the Oki 5650 which had been great for about 18 months. Then found that the C cartridge was showing error as 'not installed'. After much fiddling about with it and checking on the internet I can now rectify this by either pushing down on the top of the printer while it boots up, or removing the small chip on the left top of the toner (make sure you have 'earthed' yourself to prevent any static damaging the chip when you handle it!) and taping securly onto the top of the cartridge above the chips proper slot. This now has been working OK for 6 months. Strange how this only affects the C cartridge (which has also been replaced and had the same problem). I suspect that the printers RFID chip reader for the C cartridge is having problems reading the chip and moving the chip closer to the reader by either taping to the cartridge top of puching on the top cover while printer boots up resolves the problem (for now anyway!) This can also trigger the 'service call 231 fatal error 03' message which also disappears if you follow the above procedure.
Hope this helps you.
Posted on Jul 27, 2010
1. Turn machine on while pushing and holding the TWO up/down menu buttons at same time.
2. Menu window will show "OKI USER"
3. Scroll to " Engine Dialog Mode" is indicated. Push Enter button.
4. "Diagnostic Mode xx.xx.xx S-Mode is indicated.
5. Scroll to "NV-Ram initial" is indicated. Push ENTER.
6. Window shows "NV-Ram- Initial Table 1".
7. Push ONLINE and ENTER Buttons simultaneously and HOLD for 10 seconds after you see "Executing Reset" appear in menu window.
8. Restart printer.
All toner, drum, fuser and transfer figures return to 100%.
In case of a problem or clarification or my solution was insufficient, don't hesitate to post me a reply.
If you are satisfied, rate my solution with the "thumbs" or (even better) add a testimonial.
Posted on Jun 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2011 | OKI C5650n LED Laser Printer
Jun 08, 2011 | OKI C5650n LED Laser Printer
Nov 20, 2010 | OKI C5650n LED Laser Printer
Sep 24, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 18, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 23, 2010 | OKI C5650n LED Laser Printer
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!