Question about Microwave Ovens
Your microwave's wiring insulation probably overheated and started to melt, this could be due to defective magnetron or worn electrical connection, if you saw smoke, must likely, a wire harness plus defective parts have to be replaced, you are looking about $200 in parts + labor, not wort fixing if you ask me. The microwave is designed to shut off as soon as the door is opened, so don't worry about radiation. It is safe to leave the microwave use it as cabinet shelf although you may want to leave the door open until the smoke smell is gone, and check if you can use the light and filter accessories underneath the unit, No need to remove the unit if it can be used as a shelf, light and filter, besides, the holding hardware that is bolted into wall will be exposed.
I hope this answers all of your questions! Good day. Thank you for using FixYa!
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2011 | Amana MVH210W Microwave Oven
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Dec 10, 2010 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven
Aug 21, 2010 | LG LMV1630 Convection/Microwave Oven
Mar 26, 2010 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Apr 17, 2009 | Frigidaire PLMV169DC Microwave Oven
Jan 20, 2009 | Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven
Jan 04, 2008 | Amana ACO1860 Microwave Oven
Feb 06, 2007 | Kenmore 60659 Microwave Oven
Nov 25, 2017 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!