Question about Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
There is a possibility that you have not installed the drivers for the sound device.
Kindly follow this procedure to determine if the drivers are installed.
1) Click on the start button,
2) Click on control panel.
3) Click on sound and audio devices.
4) In the volume tab, check if the volume slider is active. Check also if the check box "Place volume icon on the taskbar" is active.
5) If none of these are active, then the drivers are not installed and you need to put in the cd drive a motherboard cd that you purchased with your computer and run setup again. NOTE: the motherboard cd is not the same as the windows xp cd that you bought.
6) If these are active, then check if the volume is muted and that the right volume level is set.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2012 | Operating Systems
Aug 27, 2011 | Operating Systems
Aug 25, 2011 | Operating Systems
Aug 24, 2011 | Operating Systems
Aug 14, 2011 | Operating Systems
Jun 30, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
May 26, 2011 | Operating Systems
May 10, 2011 | Operating Systems
Nov 26, 2010 | Operating Systems
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: