Question about Computers & Internet
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Altec Lansing speakers in laptop
It seems as though the speakers wire connector may have become loose or disconnected. You will have to remove the switch cover above the Keyboard to check. Here is the typical instructions for removing it:
Before you begin any removal or installation procedures:
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in hibernation, turn the computer on, and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power cord.
4. Remove the battery by following these steps:
a. Turn the computer upside down with the front panel
Close the computer.
3. Turn the computer upside down with the front panel
4. Remove the three Phillips PM2.5×5.0 screws that secure
the switch cover to the computer.
5. Turn the computer display-side up with the front toward you.
6. Open the computer as far as possible.
7. Lift the rear edge of the switch cover and swing it forward
until it rests on the keyboard.
8. Release the zero insertion force (ZIF) connector 1 to which
the LED board cable is connected and disconnect the cable 2
from the LED board.
9. Remove the switch cover.
Remove the Keyboard:
Remove the four Phillips PM2.5×7.0 screws that secure the keyboard to the computer.
Turn the computer display-side up with the front panel
5. Open the computer as far as possible.
6. Lift the rear edge of the keyboard 1 until it rests at an angle.
7. Slide the keyboard 2 back to disengage the tabs on the front
edge of the keyboard from the top cover.
8. Swing the keyboard 3 forward until it rests on the palm rest.
Release the ZIF connector 1 to which the keyboard cable is connected and disconnect the keyboard cable 2 from the system board.
10. Remove the keyboard.
Remove the Speaker Assembly:
Disconnect the speaker assembly cable 1 from the power button board.
5. Remove the two Phillips PM2.5×4.0 screws 2 that secure the speaker assembly to the computer.
6. Remove the speaker assembly 3.
Reverse directions to replace everything.
Posted on Jan 14, 2008
SOURCE: laptop sound problem
Sexxxyyy! Hit up the compaq website.
www.compaq.com will do.
Go for support/drivers/downloads.. whichever you see first, then navigate through to laptops, your specific model of laptop, your windows version etc etc... eventually when you have narrowed it down enough, it will give you a page of drivers for your secific laptop.
Get the audio (and anything else you are missing), extract it, then run the setup.exe program. Should be that easy! =-]
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
Okay, go to the HP website and download the speaker drivers. It will require a reboot.
Also, try checking the Control Panel Sound Settings if the volume is low from there. This is because increasing the system volume won't work if there is a mute enabled on the speakers themselves.
Also check if the item 'Use This Device (Enable)' is selected. Go to your speaker properties. It is in the dialog box that appears now. Loom at the bottom of it for a drop down menu.
The volume settings are available in the other tabs. Make sure the volume is at 100 and the mute is unchecked.
Please rate this answer. I want to get to a higher level. I am a great contributor to computers in Yahoo! Answers too.
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2011 | Altec Lansing ADA745 4 Speakers
Mar 14, 2011 | Altec Lansing VS2620 2 Speakers
May 17, 2010 | Altec Lansing VS4121 Computer Speakers
Aug 20, 2009 | Altec Lansing ATP 3W Computer Speakers
Jun 24, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C304NR Notebook
Feb 24, 2009 | Altec Lansing ADA 305 Computer Speakers
Sep 22, 2008 | Altec Lansing Multimedia Computer Speakers
May 13, 2008 | Altec Lansing ACS 251 Computer Speakers
Feb 16, 2008 | Altec Lansing 221 Computer Speakers
Oct 18, 2007 | Altec Lansing Multimedia Computer Speakers
161 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!