My son said he got a message power low and to plug it in the outled. He was tired and just turned off the laptop. In the morning it would not turn back on. Once you plug it in and press the power button you only see a flash on the battery light but nothing happens?
I tried with or without the battery, it still not turn on...? Please help..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try powering on laptop what happens do you hear any beeps or see any lights normally if u see lights this is a sign that it is working if not your motherboard could be bad if you see lights and hear constant short beeps this means your memory can be bad, Try powering on laptop without battery and only power supply plugged in.
You should have a light on the notebook indicating that the power supply is plugged in (this should come on with or without the laptop being turned on). My acer has a green light for power, and the battery indicator shows amber for charging and green for full. If you are not seeing the power or charging indicators, you either have a damaged power jack, or a damaged power supply. Power supplies can be purchased usually for fairly cheap online, but if your power jack is damaged, the laptop will have to be serviced by a service center, or by someone who is skilled with a soldering iron and the disassembly and reassembly of laptops.
This would seem like the power supply is broken and the computer is working off the battery or the setting need to be changed in power management. Whenever you disconnect the power supply and work form the battery, as power saving mode, windows will dim the back light to the display. First check if the power supply is charging the battery and then check your settings in the following:
Start menu - Programs - IBM - Battery MaxiMiser Wizard. Follow the steps until you get to the LDC display level. You may need to increase that.
Do not under any circumstances turn it on for a couple of days.It should of not been turned on whan it got wet. You could of fried the motherboard. Let it dry till Monday, then you will know if the damage is done.