Question about Olympus FE-180 Digital Camera
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Check the manual to discover how write protect is achieved with your particular camera/card Some card rely on a silver foil stick[Smart Media] other have a switch. Compact flash rely on a control on the camera. So you will have to have a good browse through the manual - do not forget that there is a Full manual in PDF on the software disk.
Posted on Aug 20, 2007
Yes and in several methods as below listed. Since your posting refers to a generic problem for all digital cameras and not only an Olympus FE-230, some of the settings may have a different nomenclature or button name.
1. When you download pictures to you PC, rather than copy, select move; or
2. If you want to erase one picture at a time from the camera - press on the power button, then menu button, once menu is displayed, arrow down/up, you will be asked to erase the picture displayed, select yes/no by up/down, then press OK (menu button); or
3. If you want to erase all contents of the memory card of the camera - press on the power button, then menu button, once menu is displayed, arrow right, down to select card, right to select card setup, right to enter card setup, arrow down to select format or erase all, OK. Erase all just erases the files, format erases all and re-initialize the memory card; or
4. Remove memory card from camera and insert into a memory card reader attached to USB of your PC. The memory from the camera will be treated as a removable device and you can view, move, copy, delete/erase, format. This option seems to be most effective in viewing all contents under Windows Explorer with the view setting set to Thumbnail.
5. Connect the camera via the supplied cable to any USB port of your PC. The camera will be treated as a removable device and you can view, move, copy, delete/erase, format. This option seems to be most effective in viewing all contents under Windows Explorer with the view setting set to Thumbnail.
Specifically for an Olympus FE-230:
1. Press the < or > buttons to display the picture you want to erase;
2. Press the trash can button (bottom right);
3. Press the UP button to select [YES], press OK;
To erase all:
1. Press the MENU button to display the top menu in playback mode;
2. Select [ERASE], [ALL ERASE], and press OK;
3. Select [YES], and press OK
Hope this be of help/idea. Pls post back should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Nov 08, 2007
SOURCE: recover deleted photos
It's no problem at all to get them back. Please see this post for several free software that you can download. You'll need to use a card reader with these programs though:
Posted on May 31, 2008
I have got an OLYMPUS FE-100 camera, I downloaded the photos in to the computer thereafter the camera has been displaying the “WRITE PROTECTED”message on screen, not allowing me to take new photos and edit the existing ones. It does not have any memory card. I haven’t inserted any memory card yet, it has only internal memory of camera. Could you suggest me the solution
Posted on Sep 26, 2008
Just had the same issue today. The Olympus Helpdesk told me that the fact I had printed one of the picture from the Xd card in directly inserting the card in the printer slot for Xd created the problem....
The guy from the Helpdesk strongly recommended to transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer exclusively using the USB cable of the camera.
In the end I have saved all my 505 pictures in using the Smart Recovery from PC Inspector but why the hell this problem only happens with Xd cards?
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2011 | Olympus FE-340 Digital Camera
Jul 29, 2010 | Olympus FE-310 Digital Camera
Mar 09, 2010 | Olympus FE-150 Digital Camera
Jun 07, 2009 | Olympus FE-330 Digital Camera
Jan 19, 2008 | Olympus FE-180 Digital Camera
Dec 04, 2007 | Olympus Stylus 770 SW Digital Camera
Aug 17, 2010 | Olympus FE-180 Digital Camera
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!