Question about Electrolux Central Vacuum
Is it only the power head that's not working, or the central vacuum itself? Disconnect wands from hose, turn on, and hold hand over hose end to check for suction. If none, go through first set of steps below.
If the vacuum:
1. Press reset button on vacuum.
2. Check circuit breaker at the circuit box to make sure it's ON.
3. Make sure the unit is plugged in completely.
4. Use a voltage tester to check for power at the outlet.
5. Check filter. If dirty rinse it with warm water, and allow to dry thoroughly. I strongly suggest having a second filter for use during drying, then just trade off using them.
If the vacuum still doesn't turn on, consider the following:]
Broken or worn out power switch in hose handle...Switch needs replaced.
Broken wire in hose...Replace hose.
Bad connection...Needs taken to an authorized Aerus service center for check and repair.
If the power nozzle (suction at end of hose, but power nozzle doesn't work:
1. Ensure the brush has been thoroughly cleaned of any hair, string, and other items that may have wrapped around it.
2. Power nozzle motor runs, but brush doesn't turn when vacuum is on...belt needs replaced.
3. Power nozzle motor does not run...All wiring, connections, and motor need to be checked.
If you can't determine the problem with the above helps, the entire machine, including hose, wands, and power nozzle, needs to be taken to an authorized Aerus service center for complete check.
If you don't know the location of the nearest Aerus Electrolux store, go to below site, type in zip code, and click on "view dealer list". They may also be able to send someone to pick it up.
The reset button on the "sweeper" is only to start the "sweeper" motor after it has shut off due to the brush getting jammed. It doesn't effect the vacuum operation.
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2018 | Vacuums
Mar 06, 2018 | Miele Vacuums
Sep 08, 2017 | Kenmore Vacuums
Jan 01, 2011 | Kenmore 28015 Bagged Canister Vacuum
Nov 19, 2009 | Electrolux Vacuums
Nov 07, 2009 | Vacuums
Mar 27, 2009 | Electrolux Guardian Bagged Canister Vacuum
Jan 15, 2009 | Eureka 2961AVZ Bagless Upright Vacuum
There could be a break in the electric from the machine to the hose - or from the hose to the wand - or from the wand to the Power Nozzle - or it could be the motor is bad.
Wiggle the cord at the Hose with it running- then go to the Wand - then to the Power Nozzle. You may find a break in the wires anywhere along the line.
unplug the Vacuum:
If you have a meter check to see if the reset is working - and last check to see if the motor will work removed from the Nozzle.
Oct 17, 2007 | Filter Queen Majestic Canister Vacuum
Sep 30, 2007 | Beam Industries 2900 Serenity Plus Central...
1,836 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: