1) There are different rain clik model numbers shown in manual
Open 24 volt Rain clik manual:http://www.hunterindustries.com/resources/pdfs/instructions/domestic/lit358w.pdfhttp://waterheatertimer.org/pdf/Hunter-rain-clik-instruction-manual.pdf
2) The rain sensor has two wires.
And two additional wires are needed to run from rain sensor to sprinkler timer. For example, buy thermostat wire from local hardware store if wire is not supplied.
3) The rain sensor has a terminal block where wires are connected. .
Open manual above to identify markings on your terminal block.
For example Figure 1 shows SRC model, and with this model number, the rain sensor wires connect to terminals RS and C, and then two wires going to timer connect to terminals RS and and 1.
4) R8816P101C is 208-240Volt 24-hour irrigation timer.
Timer has two separate terminals for attaching rain sensor.
5) Timer power connections have 4 terminals. Do not connect rain sensor to power terminals.
Connect wires from sensor to the two sensor terminals.
6) Timer slide-switch must be set to ON position for rain sensor operation.
Sensor sends continuous 24Volts to irrigation timer.
When it rains, the rain sensor stops sending 24Volts to timer. Timer responds by not turning on power to irrigation pump.
To by-pass rain sensor, move timer slide-switch to off position.
7) Open following link for Intermatic replacement parts:http://waterheatertimer.org/Intermatic-trippers-and-parts.html#sprinkler
8) Take a moment and rate answer:
And take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.