Instructions to replace the samsung sgh-a877 lcd screen?
needs major work. Do it at your own risk. Did everything right but messed up and broke the tab on the touchscreen cable connector on my daughter's phone. Feel crappy. Will post with pictures later on.
1. remove battery/ Sim
2. remove all screws from the back on the black plastic cover. (6 of them) Leave the ones below the battery.
3. Use the pry tool to remove the back case.
4. remove the motherboard, three connectors, one on bottom left, antenna and top right below the board. board comes off. You also have to remove the power connector (transparent plastic) to what appears to be some hf component (cylinder). there are two wires (red, black), red goes to side marked +. remove with pry tool.
5. Remove all small screws you can see.
6. Remove the shiny plate, keyboard button layer.
6a. Remove the lcd connector screw and the connector.
7. Remove screws from the bottom of the lcd portion of the slider. You can access all screws from the back side. Use the slider to get the back of the phone. There are 5 screws.
8. Use the pry tool to take out the back slider. Be careful with the lcd connector.
9. pull up the black tab on the digitizer connection from the screen
10. remove the lcd
11. use a hair dryer to loosen the glue around the broken digitizer.
12. put the new one in
13. Put all the screws back.
Apr 10, 2010 |
Samsung SGH-A877 Impression Cell Phone