Question about Conairphone Digital Answering System Answering Machines
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: conair digital answering system
TAD2012 Quick Reference Guide
1. Open the battery door with a ballpoint pen. Install one 9-volt alkaline battery (not included)
and replace cover.
2. Plug the telephone line cord (connected to the back of the TAD2012) into the modular wall
3. Plug AC adapter into standard 120-volt outlet. Plug your phone directly into an outlet, not into
an extension cord.
Answering System Operation
Recording Your Personal Greeting
1. Press and hold down the GREETING control.
2. After the beep, speak towards the front of the base; you have 30 seconds.
3. When finished, release button. Your unit will play back your greeting and
reset to answer incoming calls.
4. Adjust volume control on the side of the unit to set the speaker to the desired level.
Select the Number of Rings
Choose 2,4 or TS (Toll Saver), which programs the number of rings that you want before your unit answers.
To Play Back Your Messages
1. When the message indicator flashes, you have received messages.
2. To hear your messages, press and release the PLAY control. Your unit will automatically
reset after messages are played.
To Save Your Messages
After the last message and 2 beep tones, press the STOP/SAVE control.
IN CASE OF POWER FAILURE OR IF ANSWERING SYSTEM IS NOT OPERATING PROPERLY
If a power failure occurs or the plug comes out of the wall, your unit will shut down until the power is restored. One 9-volt battery must be installed to retain your personal greeting message and incoming messages during the power failure. Occasionally outside factors, such as power surges, may adversely affect the unit. If the unit is not operating properly or if the light continues to flash once power is restored, try these steps:
1. Unplug the AC adapter from the power outlet.
2. Remove the 9-volt battery. Replace with a fresh 9-volt battery.
3. Plug AC adapter back into power outlet.
4. When your unit is initially plugged in, it will check its memory for approximately 3 seconds.
Three deep tones will be heard if you attempt to record a greeting message before this
5. Record a new greeting message.
Indicator Status: Message indicator is consistently flashing slowly.
Reason: No greeting message has been recorded.
Action: Record your greeting.
Indicator Status: Message indicator flashes rapidly.
Reason: A 9-volt alkaline battery (not included) has not been installed or needs to be replaced.
Action: Install a fresh 9-volt alkaline battery. (Battery provides power failure backup. Unit is functional without it).
Indicator Status: Message indicator flashes to indicate number of messages received,
and then repeats.
Reason: Messages have been received.
Action: Press PLAY control to hear your messages.
Indicator Status: Message indicator is lit solid.
Reason: System is in Answer Mode.
Action: No action required. Unit is ready to receive calls.
Conairphone™ Consumer Hotline
Questions? Call the Conairphone™ Consumer Hotline, toll-free, 1-800-366-0937.
Hotline Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (EST)
Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (EST)
7475 North Glen Harbor Blvd.
Glendale, AZ 85307
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
Here's you manual:
Click icon under download....then save..remember where it saves it. Usually when the machine will not record messages there are only a few things that can be wrong....check the Telephone Answering Machine(TAM) section.
You might need to erase all the data and/or change to the correct mode for the phone to function properly. Obviously having the manual will help! :-)
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
Background: The TAD1220 does not have a way to manually delete messages. It more or less has a FIFO(FIRST IN-FIRST OUT) method of retaining messages. It will save up to 14 minutes of messages and then they are deleted automatically after you play them back and receive another incoming call.
This is important: It will only erase the messages AFTER you have listened to them *AND* received another message.
Exception: If you happen to press the STOP/SAVE button, then all of the messages will be RE-SAVED until the memory limit has been reached.
The only manual way is to remove the battery, disconnect the power cord and erase everything. You will then need to reprogram your greeting.
Posted on May 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2011 | Conair TAD-1220W Digital Answering Machine
Sep 01, 2009 | Conair Lands Phones
Jan 25, 2009 | Conair TAD2018CG Digital Answering Machine
Jul 17, 2008 | Conair TAD-1220W Digital Answering Machine
Jul 01, 2007 | GE 29897GE1 Corded Phone
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: