Question about Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
There are many causes for a slodown but you can do 2 things right away.
1. Clean your temp files and Registry.
2. Check for Viruses and clean them
Here's how you start.
1. Hold down the Windows Logo key at bottom left of key board and press the R key,
a 'Run Window will appear. In that window type this exactly
%temp% and then press the Enter key
Now you'll see a Temp Files window. Take your time and delete every single file Winwos will allow (tip, any files you see with the little left coner bent over cannot be deleted) It's perfectly fine to leave those files as Windows needs them to support your computer.
2. Go online and Download a simple and totally free proram called Cleaner. Install and use it's first 2 features and get help if you're even a little conceerned.
3. Dowload another great program (free) called "Malewarebytes" and use their easily understood Quick Scan feature. Get rid of the viruses using the easy instructions.
After all that, if your computer runs slow, you need a new hard drive, as all hard drives are really only expected to make it at full capacity for 3 to 5 years.
That's all your problems sound like to me.
Please do me a great kindness, as I have tried to do you one.. Do not leave 2 thumbs up. It decreases my rating for trying to help you for free while you have to wait for concrete resaults, but can belittle me for not getting you a quick fix. I'd rather you posted nothing.
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2011 | Dell Dimension 4400 PC Desktop
Aug 14, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Jul 19, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Jun 28, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Jan 02, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Dec 07, 2009 | Dell F3534 Touchpad
Mar 09, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 16, 2008 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!