Question about Whirlpool 25.3 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water - White-on-White
There is a website that, when you enter your exact model number, will provide diagrams and parts lists of your refrigerator, and you can look at the icemaker parts. Here is the site:
Here is a website that talks about this problem, and provides a link to troubleshoot the Whirlpool icemaker:
If I remember correctly, you can order a kit if need be.
Hope this gets you fixed up.
Posted on Oct 13, 2010
If you have filters, change them The date used is for average conditions only, and you might be due now. The condenser coils under the machine should be cleaned, and your manual should cover that for you. The machine should be turned off or unplugged when performing that.
try replaced the ice cube unidt; I also had a problem with the flapper ice cube door on the outside ice dispenser. Ice cubes would get stuck in the door and would not drop into the cups. This was a lot tougher to fix, but I like figuring things out. Turns out I had some ice that got stuck in the flapper and some how it melted and froze back up to lock the flapper. When the motor came on it sheard a shear pin in a coupling just off the drive motor. I made a home made shear pin and put it back together and all work great now. It was a bit of work to take it all apart and to tell that the motor was good and the relay was working right.
Keep us updated.
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
Hello, All you have to do is to
Take off the back panel in the freezer. 1/4" screws. Use a nut driver or ratchet and socket with an extension.
2. Behind the frost is the evaporator and the defrost heaters. One heater in the middle and one at the bottom. They are glass tubes. If you can see the bottom heater that is great. If not use a hair dryer and defrost only the very bottom to expose the lower heater only.
3. Now in the refrigerator section at the top where the controls are, take off the long plastic piece to expose the timer. The timer should be on the right hand side and have a little circle that is slotted. Get a flat screwdriver and turn that timer slowly clockwise just until it clicks and the refrigerator turns off. This will put it into defrost.
4. Now look at that heater that you exposed and see if it glows and gets hot. If it does, then the timer is bad.
5. If the heater doesn't come on then go ahead and defrost the rest of the evaporator with the hair dryer. This will take a little while. Don't poke at the evaporator!!!
6. Once totally defrosted look at both heaters. They should look like clear glass and see a silver coil running through them. If they look discolored at all then the heaters are bad. The heaters come as a complete assembly with the defrost thermostat which clips onto the evaporator.
7. If the heaters look okay the only way to know for sure if they are bad is to check continuity with a meter on the plug at the end of their wiring harness. If you can check that then you can splice in a new defrost thermostat to solve the problem. However the best thing to do is replace the heaters and defrost thermostat . It is easy to install.
Follow these steps and this will solve your problem.
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2014 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
May 06, 2012 | Maytag Refrigerators
Jun 23, 2011 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Jan 03, 2010 | Whirlpool 21.0 cu. ft. Top Freezer...
Nov 06, 2009 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Nov 02, 2009 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Apr 27, 2009 | Whirlpool GS6NBEXR Side by Side...
Apr 01, 2009 | Whirlpool GS6NBEXR Side by Side...
Oct 13, 2008 | Whirlpool GS6NBEXR Side by Side...
Jun 27, 2014 | Whirlpool 25.3 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: