"HP System Check has determined that your system does not match the requirements specified on the box.
The following items do not meet the minimum requirements:
Thank you for purchasing the HP OfficeJet D Series! This product supports basic printing and scanning functionality with Microsoft Windows XP (Home and Professional Editions). Refer to the Windows XP Setup poster that came with your HP OfficeJet D Series for installation instructions."
i have a windows xp and my mom's friend gave us a hp officejet d. but it won't install. please help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
3. Select your operating system . If you are not sure which operating system you have
1. Go to the start button and right mouse click on computer
2. Select Properties
3. Windows edition will let you know what version of windows you have and the type of system you have will be displayed under system type
I suggest you to disable all HP related items, which will not startup at system boot up and might not cause any issues.
For Windows XP
Disabling HP Applications from MSCONFIG: ----------------------------------------
1. Click Start and select Run.
2. Type MSCONFIG and press Enter.
3. Click the Startup tab.
4. Clear the checkboxes for all HP related applications.
5. Click OK.
6. Restart the system.
You can restore any of the removed items by repeating the above steps and replacing the checks for the designated applications.
For Windows Vista
Turn off the Terminate and Stay Resident programs MSCONFIG in VISTA
1. Click the Start icon.
2. In the Start Search text box located above the Start icon, type msconfig and then press Enter.
3. On the User Account Control window, click Continue. The System Configuration window displays.
4. Click the General tab.
5. Select the Selective Startup check box.
6. Verify that the Load Startup Items check box is not selected.
7. Click the Services tab.
8. Select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
9. Click Disable All.
10. Click OK.
11. Click Restart to apply the changes. The computer automatically restarts.
NOTE: After the computer restarts, a System Configuration message might display. If it displays, Ignore this message.
there is a minimum requirements on all printers depending on how old or new your printer is.,The fact is.. ,matching is required. for example. an older printer use in a latest PC has a very much effects on the performance of the printer it may hang or sometimes doesnt print at all . it is due to the speed of the PC that affect the low memory of the printer