Question about Panasonic Lands Phones
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have solved this problem several times by using a splitter at the telephone jack instead of the XDP port on the phone. The extension is programmed to share the port isn't it? That is in program 600.
Posted on Sep 16, 2007
SOURCE: I have a Panasonic KX-TG6051CM
I had the same problem, and it seems that the battery charging circuit in the handset had locked up, constantly charging the battery until it overheated. I was able to reset the circuit in my handset by completely draining the battery. Here is the procedure:
1. Remove the handset from the charging cradle, and leave it on for a few days until the battery runs out, and the handset finally turns off. At his point, the battery will be very low, BUT NOT COMPLETELY DRAINED.
2. Next, you must manually drain the charge remaining in the battery by shorting out the two contacts on it. Shorting won't damage the battery, since it is holding very little charge at this point. An easy way to physically do this is to remove the battery, and place a piece of thin wire across the the two contacts of the HANDSET. I am referring to the contacts inside the handset that connect to the battery, NOT the contacts on the bottom outside that connect the handset to the charging cradle. Next, put the battery back in, sandwiching the wire between the battery's contacts and those inside the handset. This will hold the wire in place. DO NOT PUT THE HANDSET BACK INTO THE CHARGER, WITH THE BATTERY SHORTED OUT.
3. Wait about 30 minutes for the battery to completely die. Remove the jumper wire, and but the handset back into the charger.
4. If the battery was fully discharged , you will get a message on the handset telling you that you should let it will charge for 7 hours. If you do not get this message, then either the battery was not fully discharged, or your problem is different from mine. Try the procedure again in Step 3 for another 30 minutes to discharge the battery some more.
5. If you get the "Wait for 7 hours to charge" message on the handset, then leave it in the charging cradle for the 7 hours requested. After that, it should work fine.
Let me know how you make out.
Posted on Aug 11, 2008
I have the same tomtom and it has the same problem. Sorry to say it is the battery. You cant change it it has to go to Tom Tom. I just bought a new one. Hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2011 | Sharp UX CC500 Plain Paper Thermal...
Sep 19, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 02, 2009 | Uniden Cordless Phone
Jun 30, 2009 | Sharp UX 108 Roll paper Thermal Fax
Oct 21, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 08, 2008 | Sharp UX CC500 Plain Paper Thermal...
Feb 10, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 06, 2007 | Vtech IP8100-2 Twin Cordless Phone
Aug 13, 2007 | Sharp UX-K01 2-pc. Combo Addtional...
Feb 22, 2018 | Panasonic Lands Phones
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!