I had the same problem, but a plastic top burned on my range top causing a black spot. I used oven cleaner. Let it sit a while on the spot(hour or two), then use a razor to scrape. It looks good as new. I had used everything recommended by the manufacture before I tried this.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sell it! We had one and it was a constant nightmare, seemed to have a life of its own, one minute functioning, next not. We actually gave it away to friends and bought an old-style hob instead! 4 months later THEY got rid of it too!!!!!!!
No you should not use a glass kettle or glass type pots on a ceran top stove. Always use metal flat bottom kettle and pots. When buying a metal kettle make sure that there is no gap between the bottom of the kettle and the surface of the ceran top. Some metal kettles have an indentation on the bottom. This does not work well on the ceran top.
Hope this helps.
What are you using to clean the stove? Only cleaners made for ceran type tops should be used according to directions. Do not use enamel coated pans or glass pans on your cooktop.If you have a boil over, turn off the burner and change to a different burner immediately. Clean up the spill completely before cooking on that burner again. Use a flat edge razor to clean tough residue. Your cooktop will look new for years to come, even with heavy use.
As far as the scratch, don't use abrasive cleaners on the top and only use pots and pans with flat bottoms. If you do use cast iron pans, never scoot them around on the top.
You can replace the failed component which is either the burner or the switch that controls the burner. A voltage test would have to be done to determine which compoonent has failed. Generaally it is worthwhile to repair the range.
try using the regular ceramic cooktop cleaner, apply and clean as you werewaxing a car, in samll circular motions, any stubbourn stains should be able to be removed by re-applying creme and scraping with razor blade( using flat side down not corners of razor)
If the substance is sugar and it hasn't etched your cooktop, then the easiest way I have found is to use a NEW sigle edge razor blade and carefully scrape it off with that. Your local parts distributor probably carries a similar scraping device. I usually use a scraper that I use to scrape paint off of windows it uses single edge razor blades. there are cleaners that you can buy but if it is baked on till it is hard like carbon,scrape it first. check you owners manual etc. Normally sugar and tomato sauce and the like can permanatly etch the glass. Best bet is to always keep it cleaned off to keep it looking good for years.
try clr from a local supermarket.it comes in a green plastic bottle.wipe the burner generously but not soaking wet with it and turn the burner on the lowest setting.then use a metal scouring pad and LIGHTLY scour the burner.