Question about Canon MVX4i Mini DV Digital Camcorder
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You do need a firewire cable (which is normally provided with the camera) and a firewire port in your computer in order to get images off the tape which you have recorded onto. The card however can be accessed via USB. The card can store video as well as pictures although if it is the card that you bought the camera with it probably has very low memory.
If I were you I would take one of these two solutions
Posted on Jul 20, 2008
Steps for removing the tape from a totally dead ZR85:
1. Turn camera upside down.
2. Move "Open/Eject" button to full right position (toward lens).
3. Manually push tape door open.
4. On the metal surface that sits between you and the tape, there is a very small screw. There is probably a yellow sticker next to the screw that says "Do not press on this part". With a small jewelry phillips screwdriver, remove that screw.
5. Push the metal plate (with tape) in the direction ofr the door and lift slightly. The metal assembly holding the tape comes loose, exposing the top of the tape.
6. Pull the tape upwards (out of the camera). At this point, the tape will still be engaged in the play heads. With the cartridge out far enough to see the heads, reach in with your jewelry screw driver and carefully lift the tape over the heads, and free from the camera.
7. Use the eraser on the end of a pencil to wind your tape back into the cartridge.
8. When re-assembling the mechanism in the camera, there are two curved slots on both sides of the piece you took loose. You'll need to thread these onto two posts inside before you place the top back in position and put the screw back in.
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
I found a temporary solution for this problem. When the tray with the cassette tape comes out remove the battery so that the tray will not go inside again. Now on top of the tray it will be written as "PRESS" just adjucent to it you can see a spring connected to the tray just press the string down wards and the tray opens and you can replace the battery. Hope this can help.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
Here is download page, click and follow instructions.
Run the driver on the computer before connecting camcorder, after the download has finished.
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2016 | Panasonic Hc-v10 Digital Video Camera 70x...
Sep 04, 2008 | Canon Cameras
Oct 19, 2009 | Cameras
Dec 02, 2008 | Canon MV650i Mini DV Digital Camcorder
May 27, 2008 | Canon MV530i Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Nov 07, 2007 | Canon DV-MV830i Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Apr 29, 2017 | Canon MVX4i Mini DV Digital Camcorder
May 09, 2017 | Canon MVX4i Mini DV Digital Camcorder
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: