Question about Computers & Internet
Maybe you are using a proxy server on the internet options of your browser under lan settings on the wired connection. Just remove the check when using wireless. Or maybe you are using a static ip and a dns when wired, check it on the properties from your LAN
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
I got your issue , If you need to check the ipaddress on the wired computer which is online. You need to check the ipaddress on the wired
So please follow these steps.
1. Click on start--> go to RUN --> in Run you type in "cmd" and click ok
(If you do not find RUN in the start search box type RUN and hit enter)
2.You will get a black screen(command prompt) , there type in "ipconfig" and hit enter
3.Please make a note of the ipaddress (or it says ip V4 ipaddress) , it will be like 192.168.2.2 /192.168.0.2 /192.168.1.5
Now move to your wireless computer
1. Click on start --> go to control panel
2. Go to network and sharing center (or network and internet connection in xp , then network connection)
3. In the left side click on manage network connection in vista
change adapter settings in win 7
4. If you find the wireless network connection, right click on it and go to properties
5. select Internet protocl TCP/IP(ver:4 in vista & Win 7) and click on properties
6. change it to use the following IP address
7. Then type ipaddress :192.168.2.50 (provided IPaddress in the wired comp is 192.168.2.x, if its diff change it accordingly)
Default gateway :192.168.2.1
8. Change to Use the following DNS server address
Preferred DNS :126.96.36.199 & alternate :188.8.131.52
Im sure this will work
Thanks & Regards,
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Oct 07, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 21, 2011 | Trendware TEW-423PI (ASKU44090) Wireless...
Dec 13, 2010 | D-Link DWA-125 Wireless 150 USB Adapter...
Oct 30, 2010 | OTC ACR201-G (00CSPP000122) 802.11b/g...
Aug 20, 2009 | Samsung NC10-14GW Notebook
Jul 30, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Jan 13, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario v3000z Notebook
Dec 01, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Feb 22, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!