I had a Bendix on my 64 that did the same thing, I finally disconnected accelerator pump from linkage and primed it manually about 3 squirts, kicked it through with finger on kill button once or twice and then tried to start it. This helped alot. I finally got an S. U. to replace it with and it is beyond a night and day difference! more power, smoother and ten times easier to start. Cylinders burn a much more balanced mixture of lean to rich. The Bendix always had one plug lean and one rich.
I would take the spark plugs out and hook them up to the spark plug wires and have someone start turning the engine over. i would either use the side of your engine cylinders or a piece of metal and see if you actually have a spark going from the ignition coil to the spark plug.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a very good chance you fried it when you tried to hook it to the charger. You have water in the unit and this is causing a short on the main board...eventually it will corrode too and you will loose any chance of recovering it.
To try and fix it, dry it as fast and as best you can with a hairdryer then leave the unit in a bowl of dry rice over several days and cover it. The rice will draw the water out of the device and hopefully dry the components you can't. when it has cured fully, try again.
Generally when an iPod gets wet it is ruined, however sometimes you can save the unit by getting a deep bowl and some dry rice. Place a nice layer or rice in the bottom of the bowl then place the iPod into that bowl cover with rice and let sit for at least twenty four hours, I recommend fourty eight though.
Hopefully this resolution will work for you. Best of luck.
I've used it once on an iPod video and once on a cell phone both worked after words. :-)
1. DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT ON 2. Pull out the battery. 3. Please your device and battery into a bowl of uncooked rice to absorb any moisture. 4. Please it in a warm, dry place where it can receive direct sunlight. 5. Be patient. It is recommended that you leave it in there for at least 48 hours. 6. After 48 hours, put the battery back in and power on.
It appears the battery has been damaged by the water. You could try having the battery replaced. There are some companies that sell aftermarket batteries and instruction manuals on how to replace them. I can't promise you that it would work though.
Try leaving it in a DRY bowl of rice over night. I'ved used that solution on a phone as well as an ipod. Both still worked after the water damage. Make sure the Sansa is completely covered in the rice though. It needs to be under for about 8 hours total. This will help remove any remaining moisture in the unit. After it is dry, if it still does not work; you have a hardware issue and will either need to get it serviced or replaced. I do hope this article is helpful to you though.
check throttle cables see if they are adjusted right (freeplay) at the small adjuster under the rubber sleve on the cable by the throttle if all is well, the cold start (choke on fuel injected engines)might be acting up and the dealer can fix that it needs to be recalabrated