Question about Microwave Ovens
To descale your machine, follow these steps:
1) Remove the machine's water reservoir.
2) Empty all liquid from the reservoir.
3) Mix the cleaner/descaler according to the manufacturer's directions.
4) Return the water reservoir to the machine.
5) Turn the machine on.
6) Place a large container underneath the steam wand to collect the de-calcifying solution.
7) Place another small container underneath the brew spout to collect more of the de-calcifying solution.
8) Set up your machine so that hot water -NOT steam- will be emitted from the steam wand when the steam valve is opened.
9) To start the de-calcifying process, press the "brew" button (some models must have the brew and steam buttons pressed in order for water to exit the wand only).
10) While pressing the "brew" button, open the steam valve.
11) Allow about eight oz of water to be dispensed from the machine.
12) Turn off the brew button.
13) Close the steam valve.
14) Allow the machine to sit for the amount of time specified on the cleaner packaging. If no time is specified, five minutes is usually enough.
15) Repeat steps nine through fourteen until all of the de-calcifying solution has drained into the containers.
16) Remove the containers and discard the collected liquid.
17) Rinse the water reservoir thoroughly and then fill it with your usual water for brewing.
18) Place the water reservoir back in its normal position.
19) Rinse out the de-calcifying solution by repeating steps six through ten until the water reservoir is empty again. You can repeat the rinsing cycle if you wish.
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 22, 2013 | GE Microwave Ovens
Jun 12, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 04, 2011 | DeLonghi Microwave Ovens
Dec 14, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 13, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 01, 2009 | Sharp R-306LK Microwave Oven
Mar 29, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!