Question about Bosch 24 in. SHU43 Built-in Dishwasher
The first thing a Bosch dishwasher does when you start a program is run the waste pump. This ensures that any residual water and waste is removed from the machine before the wash program begins.
The hum you can hear is most likely the pump motor trying to drive the impeller. This can become clogged with waste and seize up, preventing the wash cycle from starting. There is an easy way to check this:
(It's easier to do this with the washer empty)
1: Select a wash program
2. Press "Start" and wait for the humming noise
3. Open the door and pull the bottom basket forward or lift it out completely
4. Find and lift the float (the plastic dome/mushroom in the bottom of the washer) all the way up
5. Keep the float lifted and the dishwasher should pump out. Stop if/when you hear a gurgling noise as this means it's empty and pumping mostly air.
6. If the pump doesn't start, lift the float again for about 1-2 seconds then let it drop again for 1-2 seconds. Repeat this 10-20 times and see if the pump starts. The repeated stop/start signals to the pump motor can sometimes free a seized impeller.
If the pump does start, keep lifting and dropping the float switch (1-2 seconds each time) to see if the pump starts every time. If it does, you should be OK to use the washer, but further action is needed to stop the problem returning.
When you've done all this, post the results here and I'll advise you what to do to fix the problem or prevent it from returning.
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2013 | Asko D1876 Dishwasher
Aug 15, 2011 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDI02IRBS Stainless...
Jun 01, 2010 | Dishwashers
May 15, 2010 | Dishwashers
Mar 06, 2010 | Frigidaire PLD2855RFC Dishwasher
Jul 17, 2009 | General Electric CDW9380N Built-in...
Feb 18, 2009 | GE 24 in. GSD2000Z Built-in Dishwasher
Jan 26, 2009 | Bosch 24 in. SHU66C02 / SHU66C06 Built-in...
Aug 13, 2007 | Frigidaire 24 in. PLD2850 Built-in...
Jul 07, 2014 | Bosch 24 in. SHU43 Built-in Dishwasher
1,342 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: