Question about PC Desktops
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2015 | PC Desktops
Dec 13, 2012 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
1) Restart your PC
2) Logon and wait for the black screen to appear
3) Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)
4) Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously
5) When prompted, Click Start Task Manager
6) In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab
7) Next Click New Task
8) Now enter the command:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX"
Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.
9) Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process
10) When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.
11) Now restart your PC and the black screen problem will hopefully be gone
Oct 30, 2012 | HP Compaq d530 SFF PC Desktop
Turn off the computer, then hit the power button to
back on and immediately start hitting the F8 key repeatedly until you
MODE. Take the Safe Mode With Networking option (this will give you
internet connectivity) and let it boot up. Safe Mode will look
different to you, the screen will be darker and the icons bigger, this
normal. When it boots up, open your internet browser and download and
install MalwareBytes and run a Quick Scan.
Go to www.google.com and in the search box type:
"Download cnet Malwarebytes" (without the quotes). Download and
install malwarebytes from the sites download.cnet/malwarebytes. When the
site opens up click on the Green Download button on the left. Do not
click the Red Download button, that's junk. When it finishes installing the Gui
Interface will open up with an offer to Accept a Trial Version or
Decline. CLICK DECLINE you want the totally free version. Run a
QUICK SCAN. As it scans, if it finds infections the number will be in
red. When it finishes scanning, click SHOW RESULTS. A notepad text
document will open up showing you the results. You can close the text
document and go back to the Gui Interface where you will click REMOVE SELECTED
RESULTS. The objects will already be selected for you. When it
finishes removing the objects click ok and it will sometimes reboot your
If the above steps does not fix the problem:
Try another mouse and see if it scrolls.
Jun 02, 2012 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Oct 11, 2010 | PC Desktops
Aug 20, 2010 | PC Desktops
Apr 21, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Nov 10, 2008 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!