Question about Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Your issue is possible due to an antenna or proximity of the devices to the router
There is a way to build an enhanced antenna extender online. This may assist you in not \
having a dropped signal
check out this video
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox)
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model router
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the room.
Posted on Oct 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2014 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Mar 21, 2012 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Nov 04, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Sep 17, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jan 25, 2010 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Jan 16, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Sep 18, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 07, 2009 | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless Router
Dec 12, 2008 | Arris SB5100 SURFboard DOCSIS 2.0 Cable...
297 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!