Question about Iomega 1TB Home Media Network Hard Drive (34337BN)
This (and other problems having to do with accessing the drive or its folders) can be solved by:
1. Removethe drive from its case
2. Plug it into a computer
3. Boot the computer to a Linux-based OS -- if you don't have a PC running Linux, download one of many Live CDs images available, e.g. Knoppix, and burn a CD with it (Live CD images are bootable), then boot the PC using the CD
4. Login as the root user and open a terminal session
5. If necessary, 'umount' the drive, e.g. 'umount /dev/sda2'
6. Run 'xfs_repair -L <partition>' where <partition> is the partition to be repaired - in my case it was /dev/sda2, so running...
xfs_repair -L /dev/sda2
...was the command to do the repair. Note that the command is cAsE sEnSiTiVe.
You may get a message about destroying a log file (that's what -L does) -- it's OK -- I've had to do this several times and no harm has come of it.
The process can take several minutes, and at the end there may be a message about a bad superblock -- this is also harmless, so far as I've seen.
7. Power down the PC
8. Remove the drive, put it back in its enclosure, and Voila! -- all should be OK upon booting it up!
Posted on Aug 25, 2012
So Unreliable iomega, I repent for buying this product
Posted on Jan 12, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Make sure you are logged in as the Administrator of your computer. Power cycle (turn it off and back on) the device. If that doesn't fix the problem. Try factory resetting the unit (depress the reset button on the back of the unit for 4-5 seconds).
Posted on Dec 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 14, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Business DVD...
Jan 14, 2012 | Gateway DX441X Intel Desktop PC - Intel...
Jul 21, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Dec 21, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 12, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 30, 2007 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
1,407 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: