a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Four beeps every 30seconds (On Battery LED will be illuminated) This alarm indicates that the Battery PowerSupplied outlets are now supplying battery power as opposed to power from theutility. If the UPS determines that the input utility power is unsafe for yourcomputer equipment, the UPS will switch to battery power. Note: Ifthe power disturbance is brief, you may only hear one or two beeps.
2. Continuous Beeping (On Battery LED will beilluminated) This alarm indicates that a Low Batterycondition has been reached and that the UPS will soon shutdown. Once the UPStransfers to On Battery operation, it can only stay on battery for a limitedamount of time. The UPS will sound this alarm about two minutes before thebatteries are totally exhausted. Once exhausted, the UPS will shutdown and turnoff its output power to your equipment. If you hear this tone you shouldimmediately shutdown your computer to prevent data loss or corruption.
3. Continuous Beeps for 30 seconds (BackUPS OFFICE 250 and 280 ONLY) This alarm indicates the unit has detected anOverload condition after it has performed a self-test during start-up.
4. Continuous Two-Tone Beep This alarm indicates a severe Overload wasdetected while the unit was on-battery operation. This tone will continue tosound until the unit shuts down.
5. Continuous Tone (On Battery LED will beflashing) This alarm indicates that the battery-poweredoutlets are overloaded.
6. Continuous Tone (On Line and On BatteryLEDs flashing) Back UPS OFFICE 350,400, and 500 ONLY This alarm indicates that an internal UPS faulthas occurred.
Is this the RT or the VT or the RM or the XL? Recheck the UPS's batteries by conducting a battery test. Press the I/Test button to initiate the battery test. If All LED are lit and the UPS emits a constant beeping then there is a internal fault.
FRONT PANEL LEDS FLASH SEQUENTIALLY: The UPS has been shut down remotely through software or an optional accessory card.
If all else fails then remove the input power. Unplug the batteries. Check the fuses in the back. If fuses are ok then push and hold the power button. This will reset the logic. Plug batteries back in, apply power and hopefully all is ok. If not then purchase another UPS the cost to repair it will be more then what it's worth
are there any LEDs illuminating near the switches? if no, this means that the ups is off. switch the ups on by pressing the ON button momentalily until the start of the second beep then release it. the ups will do a self test then it will stabilise after a few second. if it does not come ON, connect the ups to power then attempt to switch it on. if it comes ON then you have to check the integllity of the batteries. if it still does not give power then you have to call the APC service enginneer in your region .
hi, if the leds blinking are for batteries (the ones above the battery symbol) then its not that the machine is not faulty. it needs some calibration constants. contact your local apc service engineer centre. this happens especially after battery change.
you can try this asia systems technologies look for our sale person william +65 65478990 firstname.lastname@example.org i suspected that now that u UPS is have hardware issue.. to determine if the unit is really the problem it hav to be do a further diagnos..
You can fix it by doing this. but first you need to make sure you leave your house for at least 4 hours so you don't have to be hearing that frigging noise, IT CAN BE DONE! i fixed it.
my unit would start beeping as soon as I plug it in wall, and red light come on, the software is telling me the battery is unplugged
this is what i did in order.
1. unplug all cords, connected to the unit, and power cord to the wall.
2. hold the power button
3. still holding the power button, Connect it to wall. (red light would be on but no beep)
4. I watched TV for 6 hours, red light still flashing
5. disconnect from wall
6 connect back to wall
I heard the unit click one time and green light came on, is charging now....
Very likely, "would this also explain why none of the indicator leds are working?"...the dead batteries are your problem. you can try this test, since you had it opened:
1.) disconnect internal batteries, label the wires by terminal location.
2.) connect (2) 12 volt car batteries to same exact wires that you just disconnected, noting correct polarity.
3.) power up UPS.
if everything ok, then buy 2 replacement batteries for UPS.
if not ok, buy new UPS after through search inside UPS reveals no blown fuses or other faults including poor wire connections.