The radios won't transmit or receive. The red lights flash, the display works, the ringtones sound. The batteries are charged (and the display shows a full battery). We've tried disconnecting the battery. Can anyone help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Assuming it is programmed correctly, it is a weak, undercharged or bad battery. Transmit takes a lot more power than receive. A beep or no transmit, even if the Transmit light comes on can still mean the battery condition described.
It is possible your Code for transmit is different than your Code for receive. Cobra makes so many models, you are not giving enough information. Also, Transmit takes a LOT of power, so even if everything is setup, if your batts are weak or old, the radio will receive, but not transmit. Also check your antenna, make sure it is tight and NEVER transmit without an antenna. Yes, all lights will work even with old batteries.
If the sound is continuous, like a long tone humming, it is possible you are on a channel which is not programmed. Try changing your channel knob to a different channel and see if the sound changes.
If the sound is not continous, and only happens upon pressing a button, we are not certain what you are experiencing without seeing the radio first hand.
If it were the battery you would get a low battery beep and then the radio would shut itself down. This can happen from a bad battery or a low battery. If this were the situation, you should check your charger and be certain the light comes on and stays on when the radio is placed on the charger. (Note: your radio should always be turned off when on the charger.) A quick test would be to swap the battery with a known good radio and see if you have the same problem. If so, you know it is not a battery or charging problem.
If none of these items help, send or bring the radio to a Motorola repair shop for a quick analysis.
Three things come to mind:
1) The radio is receiving, hence the light, but you may have a different PL code than the other radio and it is muting the transmission. Check your programming to be certain both radios are programmed alike. The red light indicates activity on your frequency.
2) Your radio may have a problem with the receive side of the radio or a bad speaker.
3) The transmitting radio may have a problem with transmit. This can be a sign of a bad battery. Swap batteries and see if the problem moves to the other radio. If so, replace the battery. (It takes more energy to transmit than to receive, so loss of transmit is common with a bad battery.)
Here is a link to the user manual for the SV600R. http://www.giantintl.com/ContentManage/manuals/Moto/SX600%2012-21-07.pdf Follow the instructions to reprogram the affected radio.
Note: The problem you are describing may not be simply programming. The radio problem may be non-reversible. You might also try a new battery, or switch the battery from the other unit for a test, just to see if the battery is bad.