Question about D-Link Computers & Internet
The final solution is a factory reset of your router. You can do a factory reset by logging into the router using you browser. Go to the settings and perform a factory reset
If you forgot the router password, you ill have to do a factory reset by locating a small hold on the back of the router and insert the tip of of paper clip for about 10 seconds while the power is on. The router will be reset to out of box status and then you can set-up form scratch.
Posted on Jan 06, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Trouble installing
Initially check wither u can ping from ur PC the ip 127.0.0.1(go to start--->run---->type cmd---> in the black screen type ping 127.0.0.1).If u got the reply then the nic card is installed properly.
The wire connectivity should be as follows,
1.Connect the RJ 11 to phone pine jack at the back side
2.Connect the PC to the other any one of the Port and try to login in to the router with the help of the browser 192.168.1.1.
3.U will get the page of the router and try to configure the ip address in hte particular columns
4.If its dymanic then once u have connected u will get the internet.
Posted on May 29, 2009
call your ISP. Change the DSL modem from USB connect to ethernet connect. There is no possible way two match the two device
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. Dont use the setup cd, sometimes it works, sometimes its not. here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
if you have any querry pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
Under your wirless tab. Make sure Enable AP is ticked. You have named your SSID, usually the same name as your workgroup network.
In windows your workgroup is called WORKGROUP.
Chanel is set from 1 to 13
Security is set to WEP
Authentication Type is set to OPEN
Encryption key password is set to a 10 hexadecimal code.
ie: abcde12345 ( choose something you will remember)
On the device you are recieving make sure you have the same password, SSID, Same chanel as router and is set to WEP. If they are not the same then the units will not connect.
This should resolve your connection. When you first connect have the two units close to each other and reset the router. Then reset your other device. If it does not connect chect the antenna is screwed in firmly but not too tight to the router.
If it still fails then change your chanel up or down on both devices. Does not matter what channel you choose just as long as they are both the same.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
the dsl connection is your broadband signal. check the router box. if the dsl light is off or flashing on the front, the setup will not work. this light needs to be solid. remove all devices from telephone sockets in your house, connect just one filter and your new router to it. check the dsl signal, if the light is solid green. the problem is with the physical setup in your house. If the dsl light still flashes contact your isp or broadband supplier.
Posted on Apr 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2012 | D-Link Wireless-n Adsl2 4-port Modem...
May 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 07, 2010 | Zoom X6 Adsl Wireless Gateway Rohs Router
Dec 25, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Oct 05, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Sep 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 29, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
147 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!