Question about Computers & Internet
If your computer as a whole is freezing, then you have to check for viruses / malware.
But, if it is only your internet that freezes up, then try resetting your Internet Explorer.
I am presuming that you are using Internet Explorer 7 or 8, as your browser.
To reset Internet Explorer (IE) :-
1. Open Internet Explorer .
2. Click Tools, and then click Delete Browsing History.
3. In Delete Browsing History, click Delete All.
4. Click to select the Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons
check box, and then click OK.
5. Switch to the Security tab.
6. Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK.
7. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
8. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
9. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the default settings, click
Close, and then click OK .
10. Uncheck Enable third-party browser extensions option in the Settings box
11. Close Internet Explorer . The changes take effect the next time that
you open Internet Explorer .
Try to reset IE, as explained above.
Even after resetting IE, if IE still freezes, then there may be some viruses / malware on your computer.
Posted on Oct 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 06, 2012 | Fujitsu LifeBook N6410 Notebook
Jul 07, 2010 | Ahead Software Nero PhotoShow Deluxe 4...
Apr 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 03, 2009 | Microsoft IntelliMouse
Apr 08, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Apr 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 19, 2017 | iiyama Computers & Internet
152 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!